Saturday 13 August 2022

Special Backgrounds

Today I two cards to share.

Card 1
This card is for Addicted to Stamps and More #435 which is die cuts and or stencils. I have only used stencils and dies, no stamping in sight.


This background was created with a concord & 9th turnabout stencil. I actually made it some weeks ago and now I can't remember what ink and colours I used, but looking at it now, I feel quite pleased with it as it looks quite well lined up. That's my usual problem with turnabouts and why I often sit on (not literally!) the panels I have made until I have stopped seeing the little imperfections.


The central green shape was finished with some transparent glossy paste so there is a nice shine in real life.

A die cut thank you and a few sequins finished it off.



Card 2
My second card was inspired by the lovely Michele and her DT card for this months Flower Challenge.
The theme is circles and she used the spellbinders hemstitched circles. As I happened to have this coloured and fussy cut rose sitting on my desk as a left over from another project, I thought they would be the perfect combination.


I made the background with stencils and a gelli plate. One of the layers on my gelli plate was a translucent gold paint that has glitter in it so there is some sparkle in real life.


To keep my single rose company I stamped, fussy cut and coloured some leaves from the same stamp set by Uniko. They are coloured with polychromos pencils.


To expand a bit on the circles theme I decided to add a square mat under the circle and used a stencil made from a die cut to add some more circles. I used DI saltwater taffy for that one and inked the edges with picked raspberries. The sentiment is a die cut from mat gold card, which I also used to back the hemstitch dies. A square card is unusual for me so I hope you like it.

I am also sharing this one at Allsorts week 688/9, make your own background. Actually both my cards fit that but the challenge only accepts one card from the same post, so I choose this one.




Very hot again here this weekend, so I am staying inside. 

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

Tina Z. said...

Stunning techniques and cards.

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous cards and stencilled backgrounds love the gold accents and the beautiful rose
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, those are some intricate and lovely backgrounds.

brenda said...

How lovely to see you at Allsorts Hilary and with two beautiful cards. The turnaround stencil gives a very pleasing finish and the second card with the pretty Rose very feminine. Many thanks for joining us.

B x

I Card Everyone said...

You've taken that turn-about by storm this time, Hilary! It looks perfect to me! These colors are gorgeous with your shining gold sentiment - what a pretty, frilly thank you!
I'm delighted to think I might have inspired this sweet rose card - we both love those hemstitched dies, don't we? Lovely pink rose, fabulous fussy-cutting and I love the pattern sparkling behind it, too! [I really have to conquer that gelli plate!]
Thanks so very much for this honor, and for playing cards with us at The Flower Challenge again, Hilary!
=]

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very feminine card and pretty design, thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Bonnie said...

Two pretty cards, Hilary! You've done a wonderful job with the first card! I don't see any flaws! And your rose is beautiful! Your gel plate circle is perfect to show it off!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Both the cards are so beautiful, Hilary!! Amazing palette for your turnabout stencilled (perfect!) one and love the glossy green, it adds a fabulous touch to the whole composition! Love the gold too!!
The second card looks very sweet and feminine, and your gelli plate background is so beautiful!
Also here is very hot, hope in a bit of water from the sky...
Hugs

R's Rue said...

All are so pretty.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Leslie Miller said...

I can hardly believe how good you are with the turnabout backgrounds. This one looks like it would not be easy at all to accomplish! You can be very proud. Love how your ink and cardstock match up. It's a WOW, Hilary! Additionally, you have a lovely flower card with subtle backgrounds, beautifully crafted. I appreciate the time and care you put into your cards. It shows in every detail.

Ashwini Rao said...

I am so impressed by both of these backgrounds, Hilary. You're an expert on backgrounds! Its really delightful to watch the turnabout work so perfectly (I thought it might have been pattern paper) and I love the colors you've used on the card. And on the second one, the background look so subtle and lovely. I think the sparkle of gold would just accentuate it further. Absolutely wonderful cards! :)

Linby said...

I thought the first card was a three part stencil as I have recently been using one. This looks wonderful and the colours are so pretty together. The second card is so elegant and what a great use of techniques too.

Melissa said...

Lovely cards, Hilary! I especially love the color combination you used on your first card. Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More. 🙂 ~Melissa (ATSM DT)

Loll said...

Two beautiful stenciled cards Hilary. Love the colours of your first card ... so cool how you got the colours in different areas. Gorgeous rose with stenciled background. xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous both cards, love the rose card, so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary it is so lovely to see you at Allsorts with two beautiful creations they are so pretty thank you for joining us
hugs
lolo x

Greta said...

These are both absolutely gorgeous, Hilary! Love the look of the Turnabout & the rose card is amazing with beautiful coloring & wonderful details!

Cara said...

So pretty, Your colouring is perfect! Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, sorry I’m so late visiting you. I hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

lostinpaper said...

Your cards are so very beautiful Hilary! Love love how you have coloured your rose, it's so very delicate!