Tuesday 18 October 2022

We love Stamping October Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

** Anything Stamped in Autumn Colours**


I have to admit that I made this card a while ago. I have got myself a little behind with my cards recently so I had a trawl through my cards that I haven't yet shared and found this one. I think I like it more now than I did when I made it. I am not sure where all my time goes, but I hope to be back ontop of things soon, maybe!


I masked off the corner on my panel and inked with several colours from dark to light. I can't even remember which inks I used but they are probably distress ink. I am not sure why I decided to ink just a portion of the background, but I do like the effect.


The wonderful calendula flower was stamped in black and clear heat embossed, along with the sentiment. I then took a brush and some water and proceeded to add more colour to some of the petals.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize has been kindly donated by AALL & Create, a favourite of mine, so why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon UK time on Wednesday the 2nd November

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Here's another one I made at the same time:
Which do you prefer gold or black?
I am also sharing this at:
The Flower Challenge #73 use a sentiment and 6th birthday. Happy birthday flower challenge.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Bristol Board; black 250gsm card; Hunky Dory adorable scorable coated card
Ink: Distress ink
Stamps: Woodware calendula flower
Dies: Lisa Horton Tatty Layers Lazy Daisy Panel

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

21 comments:

Mervi said...

Gorgeous design and so beautiful card;-))m

brenda said...

The offset inked panel is a great way of incorporating the Autumnal colours Hilary.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I understand you very well, Hilary, where time goes? Busy times aren't good for craft, sadly! Anyway, this one you made times ago looks so interesting and different, such creative design! You have had a great idea masking a corner before inking, the big flower pop so well!! A fabulous and unique CAS! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a lovely card, I love the spotlight effect and the gorgeous border with a beautiful colour mix too. Your second card with the gold embossing is so different. But nonetheless stunning.
Faith x

Leslie Miller said...

The whole concept of your design for both these cards is very unique and beautiful. The color square is quite striking on each. Beautiful stamp. I don't know where your time goes, but if you find it please ask it if it's seen mine. I think I might be sick today. Achy and blah. Just what I need.

crafty-stamper said...

Both gorgeous cards and love the beautiful embossed flowers-great spotlight tecnique and must admit do prefer the effect of the black one.I am the same when I make extra cards I keep them in draft so there when needs must lol
Carol x

Julia Aston said...

I love how you've colored just a partial block of your calendula Hilary! The gradient colors are beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary! I don't know why you chose to color one corner either, but what a statement it makes! If I had to choose one, I'd choose this first card embossed in black - those sweet dots add so much fun to your statement, I think! Either way, I'm so happy you shared it with us at The Flower Challenge! and thanks so much for the birthday wishes!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a beautiful effect with the square colored, Hilary - love it!!

Loll said...

I LOVE how you've created these gorgeous Autumn sunset cards with the beautiful flower stamped over top. Such a fabulous way to show off the flower. Beautiful work, Hilary. xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fantastic design Hilary and I love the colours!

Aileen said...

Wowwwww I love the floral image you have used, the heat embossing and that wonderful way you have coloured. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

papierelle said...

This is another very special card. I love the idea of just coloring a square. It gives the map a modern look!!

Greta said...

These are really beautiful, Hilary! I've never inked in a corner like you did & it works perfectly with that beautiful large flower!

Cat Craig said...

I love the drama of the black, and that off-set square of color is a fabulous technique.

nancy littrell said...

Your cards are beautiful and a bit like spotlighting with a twist:-) TFS your beauties and your descriptions. I Loved Both cards, Hilary. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

I like the looks of this very much, Hilary! Wonderful colors and a gorgeous flower!

Darnell said...

What a cool unique design, Hillary, with sensational painting! I'm so glad you had a trawl and discovered them to share! And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one in some kind of a "another-day-gone-and-what-the-heck-did-I-do-with-all-those-hours" state. It's just crazy, isn't it?! Hugs, Darnell

Linby said...

It doesn't take much for things to spiral out of control does it. Hope you will be back on target soon. This is a wonderful card with the use of the panel. I really like the older version with the gold emboss.

KraftyKoolKat said...

These are so gorgeous Hilary, love that effect. Very striking.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary!
I love this card and you don't know anymore why you coloured a piece?? It's amazing and a great idea!! I will keep this in my computer as an inspiration card! I love it. You can link it at www.knutselsenkadootjes.blogspot.com We are asking embossing. I feel a little ill, you know: my nose, my head, my throat, my muscles. Not a big deal, but not 100%.
And we saw your Prime Minister on the news here... Well, she made a mess, or...?? Maybe Boris will be back? We are waiting. What do you hope for?