Wednesday 18 January 2023

We love Stamping January Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

** Favourite Colours**

Today my colours are bright and bold

I started by blending distress oxides onto a background and then I used a stencil to add interest. Once that was dry I heat embossing a script background stamp in white.


My flowers were stamped in black, heat embossed in clear, coloured with polychromos pencils and die cut with coordinating dies. The sentiment is also heat embossed.


This card came together quite quickly and easily, just for a change! I hope you like it.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize has been kindly donated by ALL and Create. Actually there are 2 prizes stamp set #453 and  stencil #117Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 1st February.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
NBUS #46 - It is the first time I have used the background script stamp and the coordinating dies
Make My Monday #192 your favourite theme of 2022 - #171 Use a Stencil


Supplies:
Cardstock: Cardbase Hunky Dory Adorable scorable coated card; Card panel and flowers Strathmore Bristol smooth (I have recently acquired this and I love it)
Ink: Distress Oxide saltwater taffy, twisted citron and cracked pistachio; versafine onyx black
Stamps: Background script and flowers Uniko; Sentiment Birch Press Designs
Dies: Coordinating dies for flowers and frame die by Lisa Horton

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

25 comments:

brenda said...

Bright and bold os good Hilary and great idea with the white script in the background, draws the eye into the various elements on your card.

B x

brenda said...

Bright and bold os good Hilary and great idea with the white script in the background, draws the eye into the various elements on your card.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A very bright and solar card Hilary, it call Spring at all! Just love your background, it's really interesting by itself, but add interest to the beautiful flowers too! Very professional as always with the coordinate envelope and inlay (and love so much that geometric stencil)!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is beautiful, I love the bright zesty colours and design Hilary.
Lorraine

Cat Craig said...

Ohh I love this card, love the citrus-y colors and those gebera's are one of my all time favorite stamps. Gorgeous work Hilary.

Linby said...

Love how bright and bold this is and the white script (must try that!). Great you used NBUS too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A standout card to be sure Hilary, love the colours and the stencil to the background and then the beautiful flowers. A gorgeous card.
Faith x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Hilary, I know I have it in my possession. Lol!! Love it thank you.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and colourful card;-))m

Leslie Miller said...

I do love color and you've used it beautifully on your card, Hilary! I like that you're not afraid to use orange. This particular warm shade enhances your flowers and background very nicely. The flowers are beautiful, the blending, the script... I love it all!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and flowers,love the sunny colour and script background.Thank you for the beautiful card which came today
Carol x

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary!! That Gerbera Daisy is truly in my TOP 5 favorite sets! LOve your vibrant yellows and greens! That scripty embossing is always a wonderful addition - such a pretty birthday card!
=]

Bonnie said...

Bright and beautiful is an apt description of this card, Hilary! Love those flowers and the background has so much interest!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

This card brought some cheer to this gloomy day here, Hilary - what a gorgeous layered background, perfect for your floral cluster!!

aussie aNNie said...

This is just so beautiful, lovely colours and fab stamping

papierelle said...

Wow, your card really lights up!! So very beautiful!!!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Hilary. LOVE the bright colours of your background with your pretty flowers. Spring in a card, my friend. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautifully executed, bright and cheerful card Hilary. Isn't it wonderful when a card co-operates and comes together quickly!! :)
Blessings
Maxine

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous card, I love script backgrounds over ink ♥

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful card! Love your pretty flowers and the background really made them pop! Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous flowery card Hilary the stamps you have used are so pretty love your choice of colours
hugs
lorraine x

Sarn said...

Love that Uniko stamp and die set which has made a fab focal point for the gorgeous inky background. Lovely card x

Dawn Phillips said...

I love the bright zingy colours. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Billie A said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the colors and image. So glad you shared over at Make My Monday.

Greta said...

Lovely background & card!