Sunday 1 January 2023

We Love Stamping January Challenge

Happy New Year, can you believe that we are now in 2023? The time just flies by and here we are on 1st January, which just happens to be the first Sunday in the month, so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

** Favourite Colours **


If I am asked what my favourite colour is, I will always say green, but in reality I like all colours and also I like them to be bright although today I have a rather grungy looking green card to share.


I started with the background by covering the watercolour panel with a green was. I then blended some darker green and added the stencilled leaves and flowers before stamping the image in versafine clare ink and clear heat embossing it. I cut the panel with a crinkle edge die and matted it onto bright green card and then again onto darker green card.


I thought it looked a bit flat so I tried to liven it up with some white gouache splatters.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize has been kindly donated by ALL and Create. Actually there are 2 prizes stamp set #453 and  stencil #117Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 1st February.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Supplies:
Ink: Catherine Pooler; Versafine Clare
Stamps: Chocolate Baroque; Uniko
Dies: Crafters Companion
Stencil: imagination crafts
Other: White gouache for splatters

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

17 comments:

brenda said...

The green tone on tone looks really effective Hilary and splatters are always good!

Happy New Year.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A fabulous monochromatic card Hilary, the embossed meadow looks great on the stencilled background. I hardly use embossing powders, I'm too lazy to try out the embosser from its drawer and hate the powder because it always go everywhere... LOL I think that one of my crafty goals for the new year will be cold embossing and also masking, who knows if I will do that! :D (I like most diecuts that stamping...)
The gouache splatters and the irregular frames add a lot of interest to your card, it's a so pretty work!
P.S. Forgot to say that your Christmas cactus in full bloom is awesome!! I can see another (or the same?) behind your card!
Happy New Year!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Hilary, I love your different shades of green and the white splashes really bring something to the creation.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Leslie Miller said...

I have always said yellow is my favorite color, but green is my favorite color, too. It's all over my house and the landscape around me. I cannot imagine life without green. I love how you've used it in abundance on your card. All the different shades and layers. The white splatters are a nice touch. The stamp is beautiful. I love seeing it on all three pieces, a different look each time.

Loll said...

Lovely layering of green to create a spectacular card Hilary. The splattered white is the perfect finishing touch. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the layers of green, Hilary - so gorgeous!! And thanks for making me jealous again by photographing by your stunning Christmas cactus - LOL. My poor thing has nary a blossom...

Ashwini Rao said...

Awesome card, Hilary! I love the look of the green - its mild and all the layers and changes in hues look really great. The white splatters are a nice touch as well.
Wish you a very happy new year as well! :)

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and stunning design and colours. Love usint H2O's. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and an even more happy New Year 2023 [love that green]

kiwimeskreations said...

You certainly made the most of your love of green on this card. Love your card, the many shades of green certainly showcase your talent - it's a great result Hilary
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

Your card is a foretaste of spring, so beautifully designed!!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary beautiful card a great colour choice the texture and design are perfect Hilary I want to thank you so much for your Christmas card I received it on New Years Eve and it will be kept and displayed next year.
hugs
lolo x

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, what a lovely monochromatic card. The silhouettes look fab in green.

Christine Alexander said...

the card looks wonderful with the monochromatic colours ♥

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm with you and green, love it, so many greens to choose from too. I love how you have blended them here Hilary. A Beautiful card.
Faith x

Mervi said...

First, thank you so much for the lovely Christmas card I received from you!

Fabulous card in green tones, beautiful details and think the white splatters was a great add!
Happy New Year;-))m

Greta said...

You showcased green beautifully with this card!

Linby said...

This looks amazing, so many details and the verdant colours are all so lovely together.