Wednesday 2 August 2023

July Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 32 card makers took part and I sent my card to Carol in UK.


I have used the theme options of fish, circles and friendship, there is no stamping on my card, I have just used dies and an embossing folder. I used my hemstitch circle dies to cut the large circle from a gelli print made with stencils and acrylic paint. I had just enough of the print left over to cut the sentiment and 2 little fishes, which decorate the insert and envelope.


The little fish on the circle was cut from no shed glitter card and a scrap of white card stock. I offset them a bit to give a white outline. The bubbles were cut with a hole punch and I embossed the background to give some extra dimension and interest. The folder was inked with a pale blue ink but you can't really see that, however it does give some definition to the panel, which is quite a nice look (I think).


I finished it off by trimming my panel and matting it onto some glitter card and then onto a coloured card base. The circle was also matted onto the same glitter card. I was quite pleased with the finished card. I hope you like it too.

I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Viv in UK. I am so impressed with this underwater scene. The photo really doesn't do it justice. Thanks Viv.

If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Today I shall be visiting the RHS Hyde Hall flower show. I go every year, it is one of my favourite events, and usually the day is filled with sunshine, but unfortunately I think I will be dodging the rain this time. 

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

25 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Another beautiful card, Hilary! I love all the detail and interest you put into your cards. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Ashwini Rao said...

A gorgeous card sent and a gorgeous card received! I love the variety of texture on this card. The fish looks awesome as well - I like your little trick of making it seem like it is built up in layers too.

Angelnorth said...

Lovely crisp-looking card Hilary, that little offset on the fish looks really effective! Hope your day at the show has not been too dampened and you’ve enjoyed it, whatever the weather.

Carole said...

A striking card in the blue and white with your little fishy friend and beautiful embossed background.xx

Jeanne H said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colors.

Viv said...

Love your little sparkly fish atop his gelli print background Hilary!
The embossing just brings the whole thing together - great card!x
PS Glad you liked fishies! x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How many beautiful details Hilary, it's a very accurate work full of interest! Your gelli background looks just amazing and perfect for that sparkling fish! Great dimensions and textures!! Love also how you used the scraps to add the fishes to the insert and envelope!
Love also Viv's card, the stamps seem Lavinia's.
Hope you have enjoyed your day and that there was the dun!
Hugs

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous gelli print and the perfect home for Mr. Fish, Hilary!! Love the crisp white embossing too!

Bonnie said...

Your gel plate background is a perfect "pond" for this sweet fish! Love the glitter and the coloring on the embossed background!

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
your card is is so nice with the embossing of the little waves! And the gelliplate print background fits perfectly!
The card from Viv is marvelous!
We've enjoyed the days with Jesse. I hope you will enjoy the visit of your grandchildren too.
Are you going with them to the Flower show?

Arlene said...

WOW, fantastic background for your fishie and so much texture on the panel behind the circle.

brenda said...

You've got lovely intensity of colour on this one Hilary and lots of lovely texture as well.

B x

Linby said...

Wonderful movement on your gelli plate background and the touch of glitter is fabulous. A really lovely card.

papierelle said...

You have created a beautiful little underwater world and also got a really great underwater world.

Bastelmichaela said...

You have created a beautiful card, looks great

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful blue print you created and it couldn't be more perfect for an underwater scene. Lots of texture here. I love that in a card. Your nearly invisible ink did it's job beautifully, bringing out the depth in the embossing. Love those purple and gold fish and underwater scene in Viv's card, too!

crafty-stamper said...

LOve your gorgeous card,the sparkly fish and all the texture,thank you- still in pride of place on the mantlepiece-love the one from Viv too
Carol x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card you created Hilary - love all the wee touches of glitter you incorporated. The embossed background is so fabulous.
The one you received is also stunning!
Blessings
Maxine

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and colours are stunning the effect is always great and your card looks beautiful ♥

I Card Everyone said...

Carol was more than likely very happy with your darling card, Hilary - I always love how you carry the theme to your envelope and to the inside of your cards!
=]

Carol L said...

This card and matching envelope are just fabulous! I love the gelli plate print and the silver fish with that great embossed background and punched bits of sparkle added to the mix. Gorgeous!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Hilary, this is gorgeous, I love the embossed background to show off the gorgeous circle and fish. Love you matched the envelope, stunning work.
Faith x

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful textures on this beautiful ocean card Hilary - love the waves on the circle and the wonderful die cut fish! and you WERE very lucky to receive the equally beautiful card from Viv!! Julia xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful textured design and underwater scene, complete with matching envelope - I'm sure Carol was thrilled to receive this.
Lorraine

Crafting Queen said...

Love the textures on your card, great work. The card you received is beautiful. Thank you for your visit. Hoping to find time to sew with the kitty fabric this week. Anesha x