Tuesday 18 July 2023

We Love Stamping July Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

**Anything Stamped with the option of Fabulous Florals **


This is a new to me stamp by Woodware and I love it. I went away for a weekend to Sussex and came across a little craft store, it was fabulous, but unfortunately it was in the process of closing down. I always try to support small stores that I come across and this time I was lucky and got 20% off.  Unfortunately if I ever visit again, it won't be there. The stamp is called roses with love and is just one of a number of things purchased.


I stamped and heat embossed the image before painting it with my zig real brush watercolour pens. 
It was so satisfying to do. I really enjoyed the process.

I have also recently purchased some hot foil sentiments and dies from the Spellbinders sale, so I used one for this card. Sorry you can't see the shine of the foil on the photos.


Of course I didn't just make one:
This one was heat embossed and coloured with my watercolour pens.

This one was stamped with a pale ink and coloured with my Polychromos coloured pencils

Which is your favourite?

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month we have two prizes from AALL and Create Petal Therapy and Vase Trio. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping (digital is accepted) is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 2nd August.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
NBUS #52 - my third entry this month
Allsorts week 737 - i don't think my colours match the mood board, so I will use the anything goes option
Stamping Sensations July - Summer Flowers




Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

31 comments:

papierelle said...

Wow, one card prettier than the next and I can't pick any favourites.

Carole said...

Wow what a pretty stamp and you have showcased it to perfection with your fabulous colouring. My favourite is the last one..that colouring is superb and I like the softness of it. Shame the store was closing down..but a wonderful find and a treat no doubt.xx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful cards, love the colouring of your images. Anesha

Chris said...

All three of these cards are gorgeous, beautiful stamp and superb colouring- couldn't possibly pick a favourite. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, as much as I love your water-colored pieces, your pencil-colored card won my heart today! Pencils are seldom seen these days and you've shown us all how wonderful they can be!
Three gorgeous cards using this new stamp - so sad that the store is closing!
=]

Dena J said...

Just stunning cards! I can see why you were drawn to that beautiful stamp. The watercolor card is top have such gorgeous vibrant color, but my favorite is the middle yellow rose. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts.

brenda said...

Your cards looks beautiful in both colour ways Hilary, but I probably favour the first merely because it'a c o9lour palette that I particularly like and use.

So pleased you shared with us at Stamping Sensations and Allsorts challenges, thank you.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's so sad that a lot of small stores are closing. Well done on buy this fabulous stamp and your colouring is just gorgeous on all the three cards! The first one is my favourite for the amazing colours you choose!
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful stamp Hilary,love all the colouring tbh
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Sarah said...

What a lovely stamp and your cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts this week. It's so sad the little independent crafty shops can't compete with the bigger stores and online. Sarah DT

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous floral stamp, love the colours;-))m

Linby said...

It looks so different on each of your cards. I think the last one is my fave although I do love the bright colour contrast you achieved on the first one, something I never seem able to do.
Thanks also for sharing with us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations.

Bonnie said...

This was a great purchase, Hilary! Love the coloring in all three!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Each so different and so gorgeous, Hilary! Of course you had me at purple but card 3 with the pencils is stunning too and that bright yellow really pops!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a fabulous set of cards from the same stamp, I'm also impressed you did the envelopes too. Well done you. Favourite? All of them. I just love colour.
Faith x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!! Three gorgeous creations with this lovely stamp Hilary.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Leslie Miller said...

I think Woodware has some wonderful stamps and I'm a fan. These are just gorgeous and your coloring is superb on each one. My favorite might change from one day to the next. I gasped as each new card scrolled up on my screen. I love the striking coolness of the purple and blue, the warmth of the yellow, the softness of the third card. Today maybe the yellow is a favorite. I'm sorry to hear of another shop closing. There isn't much left in my town. Everything is online. I miss the experience of browsing a craft shop with a friend. We would lunch first, then shop, then review our purchases over coffee or a smoothie, sigh.

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, what a gorgeous collection of cards. Your watercoloring is fabulous. They are all so beautiful. Good buy on the stamp.

Carol L said...

You stumbled upon a wonderful bargain and a beautiful stamp! I love your coloring on all of them and especially love how you decorate the envelopes too! My favorite color is ALL of them! LOL

Darlene said...

These are all just beautiful Hillary! Love that first purple card (my favorite color). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

GerJanne said...

I thought I posted a comment allready, but no!
I do love these cards! Big stamps are often so beautiful and they are enough for a card. No more embellishmenets needed...
And ofcourse your enveloppes... love it!

Julia Aston said...

wow Hilary! What beautiful versions of that wonderful stamp you created - each one looks so different in the colors you used - I think my fav is the last one - it looks so dimensional! Julia xx

Open Your Heart to Gardening said...

Such vibrant colors. Beautiful.

Christine Alexander said...

so many beautiful cards, I think my favourite is the yellow and pink ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful trio of cards Hilary - I think I like the pencil coloured one the most :) A close call though
Blessings
Maxine

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable creation and fabulous design x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh these are absolutely gorgeous! the colours you have used are so pretty together. Three fabulous makes.
Lorraine

Anke said...

WOW all your cards looks so beautiful Hilary, I love your roses with love.

Hugs
Anke

Loll said...

You've really showcased this gorgeous image, Hilary. I LOVE all the colour combinations. Amazing colouring skills my friend. xx

Darnell said...

It was emotional reading about how you found a wonderful stamping store and then found out it was closing down. It's just the saddest thing and something that has happened often over the years around here until they were all shut down. I have such happy memories of wandering slowly up and down aisles ... I guess we just have to appreciate that we lived in a time when we could experience that. And I'm tickled for you that you got to experience it again recently!

I love how you used the same pretty stamp to create three different looks, each one just gorgeous! I love them all, but I think the pencil creation is my fave. Hugs, Darnell (Thanks for sharing again at NBUS!)

Anita said...

Love the varieties of coloring, Hilary! Each is more gorgeous than the other, and I love all of them. I scrolled back to check them out a few times since I just couldn't have enough!!