Friday 18 August 2023

We Love Stamping August Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

**Anything Stamped with the option of Masculine **

I decided I wanted a watercolour look for this one so I took this Catherine Pooler background stamp inked it up with 4 colours, gave it a spritz, and stamped it. I was pleased with the look, but then spent ages trying to decide what to put on it. Eventually coming up with the for you stamp and matching dies from Tonic Studios. I stamped and heat embossed in white and then painted them with the same colours I had used on the background.


I matted the panel onto some matt gold card and then onto a green card base. 


I finished it off with some dark blue enamel dots.


I am quite pleased with it, hope you like it too.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize has been kindly donated by Highlight Crafts, there are two prizes, a collection of masculine themed dies and Poinsettias.

Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon on Wednesday the 30th August. I can't believe it will soon be September.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am sorry that I have been a bit absent from blogland over recent days. Having the grandchildren staying was all consuming and now they have gone home, I am trying to catch up and recover. I hope to get round to you all soon. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

brenda said...

It's a really eye catching design Hilary and perfect foe a male, can imagine it looking good in feminine colours as well.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

A striking design and grest colour usage Hilary - a really eye catching card
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

I adore your water-y stripes, Hilary! and your color scheme is fabulous! Very masculine but this girl loves it, too! This is my first look at this sentiment die - it is so fun, and I love how you added those colors randomly.
It's good to have you back!
=]

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary it's lovely to be back I love your card the big letters look great and really stand out the papers are lush
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the water colour effect on your stamp and great embossed sentiment,nice to spend time with grandchildren but you do need time to recover lol
Carol x

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
Your card is marvelous! I love the design in the words.
I can imagine it costs lots of energy to have your grandchildren around for several days. Hope you've enjoyed their stay at yours.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Hilary, welcome back on blogland, hope you have had a good time with your grandchildren, even if it's surely very fatiguing stay with young people all the day! :)
I have a similar stamp set by Dali (not the dies) and never used it, so thanks for the inspiration! Love so much your background and the technique you used for it! It's just perfect to match the big sentiment! I agree with Brenda, this design is fabulous for men, but changing the colours scheme it could be amazing also for girls!
Have a lovely and relaxing weekend!

Bonnie said...

What a great masculine card, Hilary! Love these colors!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous! the colours and detail of your design is striking! ♥

Loll said...

LOVE the For You done with these colours and pattern. Amazing card Hilary!! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a Super match for the stripes your sentiment is, I love the mix of patterns. A striking card Hilary. I hope you feel a little more rested after the grandchildren departure?
Faith x

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, I immediately saw the watercolor effect of the stamped stripes. Your spritzing really did the trick and I love the look of it. Those are some gorgeous letters, too. The pattern and colors of your whole card are just what this challenge is about -- your skill with stamps.

Linby said...

I think you found a perfect combo. The background stamp is so effective in the colours you chose too.

Ashwini Rao said...

Great color scheme and I love the texture that the spritzed ink creates. I like the matching sentiment and I love the fun design on it. A fabulous card, all in all!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

That "for you" looks amazing with the diagonal stripes, Hilary - gorgeous color combo too!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

What an awesome card Hilary. I adore the colours and pattern and those letters are fantasic.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

papierelle said...

I am so excited about your card. Actually not typically masculine, but still perfect for a man!

Darnell said...

Ah, grandchildren! They are the fun prize in life, but they are all-consuming and exhausting, lol! I think you've done a splendid job with this masculine design, Hilary! I love the color palate and you've used my favorite technique. Love the matting, too. Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

WHAT A great man card, the colors and stripes and the funky alpha are winners!