Saturday 2 September 2023

August Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 32 card makers took part and I sent my card to Arlene in California


I used the theme options of CAS and friendship and the product option of stencil as well as the colours.


I started by using an Altenew stencil to create my blocks panel. I chose 3 Catherine Pooler inks in appropriate colours, although my orange is a bit yellow. Once I had made my panel, I spent a while trying to decide what to do with it. In the end I decided to place it on the inside of my card and create a clear window on the front to display it through.

My flower is a hotfoil stamp by Ultimate Crafts. I foiled it in green onto glossy coated card, coloured it with felt pens and fussy cut it. The sentiment is a spellbinders hotfoil stamp.


I thought it still needed something so added a few silvery sequins.

I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Bonnie in Colarado. She very generously enclosed a set of sticker papers. Thanks Bonnie. I love the little details on the card. You can't see on the photo, but the flower centres are sparkly gold and they shine beautifully in real life.

If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

21 comments:

brenda said...

there's a lovely fresh feel to this one Hilary and nice use of acetate for the panel.

B x

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Hilary! Love that you used acetate.

Viv said...

Lovely Hilary!
And a lovely card from Bonnie too! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Hilary, this is really beautiful, love the greens on this fabulous design, the sequins are a beautiful addition. A lovely card from Bonnie and great papers.
Faith x

Bonnie said...

I love the stenciled panel and how it peeks through the front panel! A brilliant design, Hilary and I'm sure Arlene is thrilled with it!

Liz said...

Fabulous card Hilary, great design and a beautiful colour combination. Lovely card you received from Bonnie too. xx

Julia Aston said...

Love the cut of your card with the clear panel on the front Hilary! Beautiful used of the colors in your pretty flower and cube stenciling inside! Julia xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love so much the design of this card with the clear window and the stencilled blacks to show up the foiled unusual flower!! So impressive! Great work!
Hugs

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love how you floated the flower over the blocks, Hilary!! Gorgeous foiled sentiment too!!

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh! Ooohhhhh!! This is awesome! Love the colors, love the foil, love the flower's design and your card design. I wish I was the one receiving this card (kidding)!! Hahaha!!

Loll said...

I love the gorgeous colours of your card Hilary! And what a cool design having the clear window. xx

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary I love a card that includes acetate - clearly you found the best way to make that stenciled piece the star of the show - your foiled bloom is lovely, too!
I love Bonnie's card - I'd love to hear all about that embossed section... better click the link!
=]

Arlene said...

You can't believe how beautiful this card is in RL. WOW. I showed it off on my Zoom artist group meeting. Really stunning.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Hilary this is exquisite... love the graphic background and the course work so well together
Blessings
Maxine

Angelnorth said...

That’s a very effective stencil and I love the way you’ve used it with the clear panel to show it off, super card Hilary!

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
because of the troubles with my laptop,I wasn't here on the 2nd.
Your card is very nice! I love this with the transparant sheet on it.
The card that you've received is also a beauty!

Leslie Miller said...

Hilary, your card is unbelievably amazing! I love all the fresh greens and that cute sunflower-ish flower. But, WOW, that stencil! I've seen it before, but it seems especially special today. Your design is wonderful. Everything is just enough and perfect!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Hilary love the flower and stencilled strip showing through the acetate window
Carol x

Joanne said...

I love this card with those bright, cheery blocks and that clear front.

Linby said...

oh wow! This is such an effective and clever design.

baileyrosy.com said...

Wow, what a stunner! I have that stencil and always have trouble trying to utilise it even though I love it dearly. You have given me plenty of inspiration with this fabulous card.

Marie