Sunday 3 September 2023

We Love Stamping September Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

** Anything Stamped with the Option of Trees or Leaves  **


I started with a piece of hotpressed watercolour paper and used post it paper to mask the horizon. I blended some green ink onto the bottom half and once it was dry I stamped the hedgerow and the trees with versafine Claire ink (the stamp set is by Clarity Stamp). Once that was done, I thought the grass looked a bit flat so I added some darker areas, hoping they looked like shadows, and then used a stencil to add a bit of texture. Once the ink was dry I watercoloured the sky. The sentiment was stamped and clear heat embossed and I added 3 tiny birds with a fineliner pen.


I diecut the panel and matted it onto some yellow card and then onto a green cardbase.


Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize has been kindly donated by AALL and Create, A4 stamp set Plant your Dreams. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is the main focus on your card. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 30th September.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

22 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely tree-scape Hilary and a great idea using the stencil to add dimension to the grass areas.

B x

mokka said...

Thank you for sharing very good post, it was so Nice to read and useful to improve my knowledge as updated one, keep blogging.
شركة شراء اثاث مستعمل بالرياض
شركة شراء معدات مطاعم مستعملة بالرياض
شركة شراء اجهزة كهربائية مستعمل بالرياض
<a href=https://www.alssafir.com/%d8%b4%d8%b1%d8%a7%d8%a1-

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary what a beautiful creation I love the different colours of green you have used the trees and landscape look so realistic I love it
hugs
lolo x

I Card Everyone said...

So lovely, Hilary!
=]

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love the rich green of these lovely trees Hilary.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I loved this card as soon as I saw it, it gives a feeling of freedom and peace with that big lawn and the trees and bushes over there in the background. A fabulous early morning! The shades and the texture for the grass work so well and the glossy sentiment pops well too. Your watercoloured sky is very beautiful and the flying birds are a perfect detail!
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Hilary-love the trees
Carol x

Bonnie said...

This is a lovely, peaceful scene, Hilary! You should frame this!

GerJanne said...

I think you succeeded with the grass! It's just like a little painting!
Lovely!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful soothing trees and grass scene, Hilary:-) TFS your detailed description and how you added depth and interest to your flat lawn, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

This is gorgeous, Hilary.. loving your background to those fabulous trees 🌳
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful and restful card Hilary, I love it. I love the yellow and green layers behind your beautiful trees, great idea about the shadows.
As for my card? I had automatically put the first, silly me.
Faith x

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful creative and fabulous design, and the colours really pop. ♥

Cat Craig said...

Oh what a lovely scene you've created with your beloved greens.

Christine Alexander said...

such a pretty scene with the trees and green fields ♥

Loll said...

Lovely scene you've created Hilary!! Gorgeous greens for your grass and the stenciling really adds something special. Beautiful card, my friend! xx

Ashwini Rao said...

It's spectacular! Love the trees, shrubbery and grass - the texture on the grass especially looks great. Gorgeous card, Hilary!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, this is a wonderful scene, Hilary! I could walk forever in that green grass. The shadows on the lawn are a realistic touch, just like the tree shadows that fall across our landscape in the early morning. This looks like the promise of a beautiful day!

Linby said...

A lovely verdant scene. Great depth with your different techniques and colours.

Mervi said...

Fabulous tree scene with lots of green!
Greetings from Finnish Lappland;-))m

baileyrosy.com said...

Hilary what a stunning card definitely frame worthy so lush and green. You've created such a beautiful scene and who wouldn't have a lovely day after receiving this beauty.

Marie

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous ink-blending on your serene scene, Hilary!!