Thursday 14 September 2023

You're a Star

Today I am sharing a card I made for a young man who recently did very well (AAB) in his A levels. I sent him this to mark the occasion.


It is very shiny so very hard to photograph. The background was the left over foil from using this stitched cover die, the foil transferred brilliantly. I just added some die cut stars using a piece of scrap alcohol ink effect patterned paper from Clarity. The star dies and word are by Tonic Studios and I created the 'you're a' on my computer.


A simple card, but quite effective, I think.
I am sharing it at:
Allsorts week 745 - Use dies
Die Cut divas - Anything goes
Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with Dies September challenge

Things have been a little busy for me recently so I am sorry that I have been a bit absent in blogland. I am away again next week too, but will do my best to keep in touch with things. I have had a few days in Liverpool with my 2 sisters and sister-in-law, taken part in Open House London as a tour guide for Salters' Hall and next week I am going to East Sussex for a few days with my husband - hope the sun keeps shining.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous star card, Hilary - absolutely love all the shimmer and shine here!! Glad you shared with us at Die Cut Divas!! Sounds like you had a fun trip too!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Hilary love all the stars and shine.Enjoy your time away.
Carol x

Linby said...

Fabulous card for "a star".
You certainly have been busy. I've just been to do the virtual tour of Salters' Hall - I hadn't heard of it before. I do love things like that - so thank you. Have a good few days away.

Dena J said...

Fabulous color palette and a perfect card to celebrate a shining achievement. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

GerJanne said...

Oh yes, I like this card. I was thinking immediately of my niece. She is called Sterre (it's like stars in English) Every year I make a card with stars for her, so this one would be perfect.
Have a great time with the sisters and after that with your husband! Enjoy the time together.

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully designed and love the colors you used!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

brenda said...

I'm exhausted just reading your activities of late Hilary!.

A superb card for occasion, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week and including the die optional theme.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Back from my holiday I'm doing a bit of catching up...A fabulous card, love the foil background and star design.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

Great card for the occasion Hilary loving the stars and background paper
hugs
lorraine x

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary YOU are the star of this fabulous design! You do have the best luck with foiling - one day I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong!
Never pass up all this wonderful travel for blogland, my friend - you know the worst season will be upon us before we know it!
=]

KraftyKoolKat said...

So gorgous Hilary, well done to the youngster concerned.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic congratulations card, Hilary! Wonderful job of foiling! I never have gotten good results with that plate. Have fun!

Ashwini Rao said...

What a brilliant card! In terms of execution and literally too! Love the foil and the alcohol ink stars - they form the perfect combo!
Wish you a wonderful time with your sisters and sister-in-law too - enjoy!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the shining stars for the shining star it is meant for, a wonderful card Hilary, love the stars on the envelope too. He must have been chuffed with it. Enjoy your break and I hope the sun shines when you want it too.
Faith x

Carole said...

Fabulous card ...love the background foiling ad I bet it is so shiny.Well done to the recipient. How did you find the time to create when so busy? I am struggling to do all I have to do and so crafting has taken yet again a back seat..apart from buying!!..lol Enjoy your break with hubby. xx

Loll said...

What a special card to celebrate all this young man's hard work!! I'm sure he was thrilled to receive it. Love all the gorgeous colours and shine on this fabulous card, Hilary. Have a wonderful time away with your hubby!! xx

Cat Craig said...

So much great color...makes for lovely textures and movement.

Arlene said...

I know how hard it is to photograph foil and shine. This is beautiful. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

foleysfriend said...

What an amazing celebratory card you created. I love all the shine and shimmer. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

​​​​​​​sue n.