Saturday 2 December 2023

November Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 32 card makers took part and I sent my card to Daja in Germany. I decided that I wanted to use my new hot foil plate by Spellbinders called you are my home, so I just used the layout from this months options.


I have also used some gold metallic patterned paper - feeling quite pleased about that as it doesn't make an appearance on my cards very often. I took a card base of kraft card and played about with the elements until I was happy. The house, hearts and sentiments are all hot foiled and I used some gold washi tape on the edge to finish it off. I am pleased about that too as I have a whole tin full of washi tape that rarely gets used. The house was lightly coloured with water based felt pens. The card insert was foiled with the second plate of a little village with the sun shining, that is part of the same set.


I am pleased to say that it was received in good time by Daja and she liked it. There is plenty of shine to offset the dull kraft base.



I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Viv in UK. Viv has been practicing her scene creation skills with Lavinia stamps and is getting pretty expert at it if you ask me. I love this.


If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

18 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, your hot foiling looks amazing! I'm yet to take the plunge with this technique. Love the card you received too. Thanks for being a lovely link in our chain again, Jo x

brenda said...

A real feel of luxury with all the gold foiling Hilary.

B x

Ellibelle said...

What a beautifully designed card, love those golden accents and wonderful focal image!

Lisa said...

Great use of the layout on the first card and the wonderful gold foiling is so elegant.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love all the gold-very expensive looking,I have a few washi tapes I don't use too.Gorgeous card from Viv too.
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Hilary your card looks so sumptuous with the foiling it really stands out and the card you received is a beauty
hugs
lolo x

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, you have really upped the 'glam' on your card with all the various ways you've added gold! LOve your little house and especially enjoy gold with kraft paper!
Lovely card, my friend!
=]

papierelle said...

Beautiful and how sparkling!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How beautifully looks the gold with kraft! Very classy! And your design is just fabulous! A lot of shining and sparkling here! Love the touch of the gorgeous washi tape to the edge and those cute hearts! Love the little village foiled on the insert too!
Also Viv's card is really striking, such beautiful scene and love the colours!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful hot foiled house, Hilary, and I love the little hearts too; great take on the sketch!!

Bonnie said...

Good for you using the metallic paper and washi tape, Hilary! A beautiful card that I'm sure Daja is enjoying!

Julia Aston said...

So much wonderful goldness on this beautiful design Hilary! what a sweet house framed in the circle and a lovely mix of patterns on your papers! Julia xx

Bastelmichaela said...

Wow, how glittery...beautiful
Michaela

Loll said...

Beautiful card Hilary. LOVE the foiled images against the kraft paper. And those metallic hearts are soooo pretty! Beautiful card you received from Viv! xx

Greta said...

Such a sweet & beautiful card! The hot foiling is amazing & love the gold/kraft combo!

Ashwini Rao said...

So much lovely gold; I love it! I also love the addition of the washi - I know how it feels to finally use some - I have quite a few (even one which is quite similar/same as yours) and I struggle to use them too. I must admit, you've made great use of all of the products. :)

Robyn Oliver said...

A lovely card Hilary, well done with the foiling it's a super shiny card

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous card, I love all the warmth and shimmer from the gold xx