Monday 18 December 2023

We Love Stamping December Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them. can you believe that Christmas is almost on us?

This month our theme is:

****Winter Flowers and Foliage****


For some reason I struggled with my reminder post tis month. This is the third card I made. I rejected the other two because I thought they weren't really wintry enough. Once I thought of snowdrops and remembered I had a stamp and matching die I was away. My previous attempts had used the same turnabout stamp as seen here, but my colours were not wintry enough. This time I tried to stick to cool greens.

I actually really enjoyed playing with the 2 turnabouts in this set (Concord & 9th, harvest wreath turnabout stamp set) and ended up making about 12 cards using different colours. 10 of them have been turned into 2 sets of notecards for Christmas presents. I might share them here one day.


I have used CP inks in the following colours: garden party, wintergreen, martini and matcha.

The snowdrop (free with a magazine ages ago) was coloured with polychromos pencils, cut with the matching die and stacked 2 or 3 times. Can't remember exactly. The sentiment is by spellbinders and is a hotfoil plate. I am quite addicted to hot foiling now.

I am quite pleased with how this turned out - third time lucky.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month they are extra special. They are from AALL and Create and include a DL floral border stamp with pack of Sharp Tongues sentiments, an A5 stamp set and a pair of Miss Dee stamps. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is the main focus on your card. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 29th December.

I am sorry that I have been a bit absent recently. I hope I shall get a chance to catch up soon.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, wherever you are

I am also sharing this at:
Beautiful Blossoms #12 - Anything goes with flowers
Stamping Sensations December Challenge - My favourite colour is green



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

31 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous snowdrops, Hilary, and I love the turnabout arrangement behind them!! Perfect for winter!!

Maria said...

Such a lovely card with the beautiful snowdrops! Love the different shades of green with the leaves behind them! A beautiful card for your friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, I adore snowdrops! What a gorgeous stamp/die set this is! Your colors are just spectacular - I spy a few CP inks to add to my collection, thanks!
You will make someone very happy with your gifts this year!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I have that set, a stunning card Hilary, love the gorgeous background and beautiful hot foiling, matched with the gold layer. Love it.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card,love the beautiful snowdrops and foliage wreath behind. Hope you have just been busy and not ill.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x

Darlene said...

SO SO pretty Hillary!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge and also the challenge over on Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
I think you 've been to hard on yourself. I'm sure the other two cards are beautiful too! this one is very lovely.
Your christmascard arrived very early and I'm loving it!! Very nice die! Thank you so much!

Christine Alexander said...

the card turned out beautifully, Snowdrops are a perfect winter flower and the foliage behind is so pretty. ♥

brenda said...

Beautiful Snowdrops Hilary, I always look forward to the sight of them popping up.

B x

brenda said...

Totally forgot to thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

papierelle said...

If the temperatures continue like this, we will actually see the first snowdrops soon. The day before yesterday I discovered the first hyacinth in the garden.
Your card is beautiful and fits perfectly for someone whose birthday is in winter.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a pretty card using these delicate colours for stamping, just gorgeous.
Lorraine

Cat Craig said...

You are a master of the turnabouts, and it makes a lovely backgroundfor your snow drops.

Leslie Miller said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Hilary! I love the foliage behind the snowdrops. You're so very good with the turnabouts!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really lovely Hilary. It is a lovely fresh looking creation.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

stampinwithanita said...

You are absolutely right, 3rd time is the charm! This is such a beautiful card. I love everything about it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossom Challenge!

Bonnie said...

Love these snowdrops, Hilary, and they are so pretty against the foliage!

kiwimeskreations said...

Hilary this is exquisite - love your uses of the turnabout stamp, and the greens really are perfect. The snowdrop is a beautifully stamped and coloured.
A gorgeous and inspirational card
Blessings
Maxine

Anke said...

WOW Hilary your snowdrops card is so beautiful, love it.

Hugs
Anke

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card Hilary, love the background around the snowdrops.
Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card, mine are in a way, we had a postal strike, so it might come next year!
Merry Christmas;-))m

Carole said...

What a wonderful arrangement behind your snowdrops..I love snowdrops, so delicate and yet so strong. Have a lovely Christmas Hilary.xx

Donna Walls said...

Beautiful Snowdrops and a lovely, wintery card. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenges
Inspiration Station Challenge

Ashwini Rao said...

Definitely gives off the winter flower vibes. I love the cool look - especially the colors of the leaves. Wonderful card, Hilary.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card. Happy Chirstmas to you and yours. Anesha x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary I love, love, love this fabulous creation my Mum loved her Snowdrops so does my sister I love how you have 3d them onto that lovely stamped background a superb card and can I thank you so very much for the one that you sent me it is a beauty, Merry Christmas to you and your family
hugs
lolo x

Pauline C said...

Wow Hilary this is gorgeous … I love snowdrops and this stamp is so pretty, with gorgeous different shades of green in the background stamping
Pauline xx

Lisa said...

Really lovely background for that gorgeous crocus. Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season.

Dora said...

Beautiful card. Very delicate feeling. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

Greta said...

I love that Turnabout & your wreath is fabulous done in the beautiful greens!

Linby said...

So very pretty and such beautiful shades of green. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Happy New Year! Sorry I confused you with my post as you probably worked out I was away in Lanzarote so couldn't fix it.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks so much for linking this beautiful creation to Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! XXO, Aimeslee DT