Sunday 3 December 2023

We Love Stamping December Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping

This month our theme is:

**Winter Flowers and Foliage**

I would like to welcome our guest designer Mari this month

I bought this stamp and die set from Tonic Studios sale in the January this year and promptly made 4 Christmas cards. I can tell you I was very pleased with myself. Of course that was the end of my Christmas card making until relatively recently. Anyway, as our December challenge is all about winter flowers I though it was the perfect time to share them. This one was stamped onto black watercolour paper and heat embossed with Wow gold pearl embossing powder. I them painted it with my Gansai Tambi gem colour paints (a Christmas present last year).


The image was cut with its matching die and mounted on a black panel that I had debossed with the Altenew dotted scales cover die. The panel was cut with the frame die that is part of the stamp and die set (Tonic Studios stamp club 12, Christmas rose). the sentiment and matching die are part of the same set. The panel was mounted onto some cream/gold pearlescent card. The insert is also pearlescent and stamped with the main image.


I really enjoyed making this, so went on to make 3 more:

This one was stamped in black and clear heat embossed

This was stamped in a pale ink and watercoloured

This one was heat embossed in metalline greengage Wow embossing powder

Which is your favourite?

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month they are extra special. They are from AALL and Create and include a DL floral border stamp with pack of Sharp Tongues sentiments, an A5 stamp set and a pair of Miss Dee stamps. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is the main focus on your card. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 29th December.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
NBUS #57 - The stamp set is NBUS
Beautiful Blossoms #11 - Anything goes. I am sharing the pink one here


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

30 comments:

brenda said...

I find myself drawn to this card each time I see it Hilary, the choice of colour against the black background is so striking. Now seeing it in other colourways I have a dilemma.

B x

papierelle said...

Your first card looks so noble and the other variants also look beautiful.

Bonnie said...

Seeing your black bg got me to enter the challenge. All your color ways are fantastic but I do love the contrast in the first one.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous stamped image and your cards are very striking in all their variations.
Lorraine

KraftyKoolKat said...

I am torn like Brenda, Hilary. I loved the first one but as I scrolled down it got harder and harder. If I had to choose, I think I would go for the more reddish one or maybe not!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

TK said...

Beautiful cards! While all unique in colors and appearance, they are all terrific

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm very fascinated by the way you realized these cards, Hilary!! Wow! This stamp set, your amazing watercolouring, the fabulous dotted backgrounds and the beautiful frame... All works so well together!! So elegant and impressive!
I think my favourite is the first one, and love how the panel seems grey at light!
Love all the other three variations too, but I think the first one is the most elegant and have a real wow factor for the gold and the fabulous palette.
I have the dotted panel of the reddish one, not sure of the brand.
Hugs

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, gorgeous cards. It’s a fabulous design beautifully shown with your elements.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful cards, love the elegant colours in the first one. Anesha

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Four gorgeous cards with that floral set, Hilary!! My fave is card one but they're all lovely!!

I Card Everyone said...

Having only just tried my hand at metallic painting on black card recently, Hilary I am so in love with your first card! I really love the gold pearl embossing - you might be causing a little shopping!
All gorgeous, my friend! Fabulous water coloring!
=]

Bonnie said...

WOW! All of these are awesome, Hilary, especially the first with the wonderful contrast with the black background!

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning with the gorgeous designs, amazing creativity and beautiful colours xx

Linby said...

wow! I just love the first card so much, a mini work of art. So pretty and totally different in the other ones you made. Great use of the background die cuts too.

Darnell said...

These are all just gorgeous, Hilary! I decided the first one is my favorite, but then when I scrolled down to the comment section, I changed my mind three times, lol! Thank you for sharing and thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

coldwaters2 said...

These are WOW cards Hilary that stamp is beautiful and so versatile three wonderful creations
hugs
lolo x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What absolutely gorgeous cards Hilary. Each card has made the stamp look so different, but all are stunning. I love the Tambi colouring and the shine it has, but your clear embossing and water colouring has a wonderful look about it too. The black embossing makes the stamp look different again, and the black background to the green embossing is so different and beautiful. I'm so glad I didn't miss these by my lack of time.
Faith x

Maria said...

Oh, what lovely cards with the beautiful flowers!! They make for beautiful Christmas cards, so pretty!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Hilary - love the image and the variations you have used in colouring and mounting it
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

They're all beautiful, but the first 2 are my favorites!

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh, wow! You've outdone yourself, Hilary! I love all the versions, but am finding myself partial to the pink one with the baby pink flowers - but I do love your first one with the metallic gold watercolors as well. All of them are really gorgeous- the image itself is a great find! :)

Christine Alexander said...

all the cards are gorgeous, I love the metallic paints on dark such a pretty effect ♥

Loll said...

Great watercolouring skills, my friend. All of your cards are fantastic, but I have to say that I love the first one the best. :) The contrast of the light coloured flowers on the black background is really striking. What a cool set with all the matching pieces. xx

Donna Walls said...

I always say anything kind of Floral can make the most beautiful Christmas card and these certainly do. Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Lisa said...

What an incredibly beautiful image. I really love the black on at the top. It has a certain elegance to it but honestly all of them are just gorgeous.

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous designs Hillary, such a beautiful collection of cards.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow!
Thanks so much for linking this beautiful creation to Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
XXO, Aimeslee DT

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, Hilary, you made fantastic use of this stamp with so many different looks! I dearly love the first on black with metallic paints especially. I'm hopelessly behind in visiting again and can't even try to catch up. I want you to know I received your incredible Christmas card with the embossed panel and interesting color hues with gold finish. I need to look that one up as I think maybe you posted it. Totally WOW!

Sarn said...

Wow - lovely stamp & die set. The cards look so different in their changing colours. Brilliant! X

Pauline C said...

Beautiful set of cards Hilary, I am particularly drawn to the one on a black background .. the go,d embossing and gorgeous paint colours are so pretty
Pauline xx