Friday 2 February 2024

January Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 32 card makers took part and I sent my card to Carol in UK.


I used the layout and I tried to use the colours.




I also used the options of paint, ink and splatters


I started by cutting the oval from my panel and inking it with CP uptown ink. I used a white acrylic paint pen for the splatters. I then cut my panel with the scalloped die before embossing it with my favourite embossing folder. The bird, foliage and flower are by Alex Syberia. I cut them all from scraps of white card and coloured them with CP ink. Now I have re-inkers, I find colouring the card very easy. You just need to ensure the pad is very inky and then swipe it over the card. It can be a bit messy tough, so you have to make sure your fingers are clean before handling other elements. Of course, I know that  through bitter experience!


I used a silver sparkle pen on some of the diecut elements, which you can see on the close up. The sentiment is a hotfoil plate by spellbinders. I foiled it with some mauve foil. Finally the panel was mounted on a coloured card base that I think matched quite well.

I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Pat in Texas. Isn't it lovely? I have that little heart tree die. Pat has taken the time and trouble to inlay all the tiny pieces and then she has fussy cut it out. It looks absolutely perfect, even close up. Thanks for going to all that trouble Pat, it turned out brilliantly. You have also inspired me to get that die out and have a play.


If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

20 comments:

Ellibelle said...

What an amazing card Hilay. So loving those colors and a beautiful design! I'm sure Carol was thrilled! You also received a beauty in return!

crafty-stamper said...

I absolutely love this fabulous textured card with the cute little bird Hilary-thank you.Love the card you received too such patience with all the tiny pieces.
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card Hilary, so vibrant! Fabulous palette, those inks seem really juicy! Love the white splatters that catch the eye to the cute bird on the branch and the EF you used, gorgeous! And the sparkling looks great!
Lovely card from your pal, too!
Hugs, have a lovely weekend!

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is JOYFUL! What a sweet way to play our options. I went for something a little similar myself. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Maria said...

Such pretty cards! The sweet bird card is so rich in color, very pretty! And, the Valentine card with the heart tree is beautiful that you received!

I Card Everyone said...

Both the card you sent, and the one you received are so wonderful, Hilary! I adore that little ASD bird!
=]

Liz said...

Wonderful card Hilary, I love the embossing folder you've used. Lovely card you received from Pat too.
Liz xx

Julia Aston said...

A lovely card using the sketch and colors Hilary! I love the touches of shine on the flower, wing and sentiment - the splatter adds great texture to the oval too! Julia xx

GerJanne said...

Your card is very beautiful. I think the colors are perfectly done! And that bird is very lovely.
The card you've received from Pat is marvelous too...

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the colours in the challenge, and how you have used them on your beautiful card, Hilary. The card you received is so very pretty, with the tree all pieced back together
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa said...

This is really beautiful. I love the colors you used. Very eye catching.

Linby said...

Wonderful use of these vibrant colours to make a stunning card.

coldwaters2 said...

Love the card that you made Hilary the embossed background and the opening perfect for the birds you also received a very lovely card
hugs
lolo x

Arlene said...

Beautiful - the colors are so vivid - a stunning card. Arlene

Leslie Miller said...

You did amazing with all the options, Hilary! I love every part of it. The bird sure is cute. I have a thing for bird stamps and dies. Love that embossing folder and the pretty foiled sentiment. Pat's card is very fun and pretty, too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your layered birdie and flower, Hilary - so pretty on the embossed background with scalloped oval!

Ashwini Rao said...

The inked background color really pops!! I love the colors on the pretty bird too. Gorgeous card, Hilary!

papierelle said...

I'm very impressed how you implemented the sketch and the color palette and created a really beautiful card!!

Greta said...

Absolutely love your card, Hilary! Using an embossed panel always appeals to me as I adore dry embossing! That bird is just wonderful and you're making me put it on my Alex Syberia wishlist!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Hilary. LOVE the colours and all that amazing texture. Great work, my friend! xx