Sunday 18 February 2024

We Love Stamping February Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love StampingThis year the design team will all be selecting a monthly option to reflect their own individual style of crafting or favourite themes. On the remaining months we will continue as before with a general theme along with an anything goes option, as previously.

It is my turn this month and I have chosen:

** Romance/Anything Goes **

After struggling to come up with a theme for this month and then my first card, I decided to stick with the same stamp and make my card look different. This time I stamped the Spellbinders Floral Love stamp onto kraft card with white pigment ink.


I wanted to have a soft feel to the finish so I coloured it lightly with my Polychromos pencils. I cut it out with a heart die and used my favourite embossing folder for the background.


The sentiment is foiled and I finished it off with a few white pearls. What do you think? It is very different form my first card that you can find here. I think I am quite pleased with it. Mainly because I love that embossing folder and it looks great in kraft.


Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are 3 prizes from AALL and Create, A 5 stamp set, DL stamp and stencil and A6 stamp. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention. From now on any seasoned stampers (not digital) interested in being considered for a Guest Designer spot should add GD against their name when entering the challenge. We will select a guest designer form those names and the DT will still select their top 3.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is seen somewhere on your card front, it no longer needs to be the main focus. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 28th February

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
Cut it up #297 - Have a heart


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

35 comments:

brenda said...

May be the same stamp but a totally different look Hilary, soft pinks with the lovely embossed background all work together perfectly.

The said machine arrived but was wishful thinking on my part, can't even locate the platform!!

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super design, love the white stamping and delicate colouring on the heart.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

Wow you would never think this was the same stamp Hilary it is totally different and still so very beautiful I love the technique you have used and that embossed background is to die for a superb creation
hugs
lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Hilary,love the lightly coloured image and fabulous 3D embossing folder.
Carol x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a stunner, Hilary - love the vintage look of this and the kraft is perfect with the soft pinks!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Both your uses of the beautiful heart stamp with the flowers inside are so good, but my favourite is this one! Wow! Such elegant, feminine and classy feel!!Absolutely LOVE it! The kraft and white with the light colours and that gorgeous embossing work fabulously together!! And the touch of pearls and foiled sentiment are as the cherry on the cake! Awesome card!

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh what a stunning creation. Kraft really colors so beautifully and the white makes the pop for your soft feel.

Viv said...

This is beautiful Hilary. (Fits the challenge at Try it on Tuesday too if you want to link up!) x

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, yes, Hilary it is wonderful on kraft stamped in white and this soft coloring and those sweet pearls just makes it swoon-worthy!
=]

Linby said...

As Lolo says you would never know it was the same stamp (I didn't!) I'm in love with this card, so very pretty and that glorious EF background.

GerJanne said...

It's a lovely card with the beautiful embossingfolder. I like it, with the tiny flowers. It look likes gold!

Bonnie said...

Love the soft pink colored flowers on the heart! It shows beautifully on the kraft background!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card, Hilary. One would not immediately think it was the same stamp at all.
Blessings
Maxine

Ashwini Rao said...

I agree it looks lovely. The embossing really looks awesome (in fact it looks shiny in the pic!) and suits the heart flowers so very well. Gorgeous card! :)

Cat Craig said...

Its a stunning card, an art piece.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Hilary, a really awesome creation. You find 8 x 8 hard, I find small hard. You manage to display your art on a small area, mine needs the space to boost mine.🤣
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really beautiful card with wonderful embossed texture too. As for the struggle to make this card for the challenge, I think you smashed it. I struggled too, but only because other DT were asking for romance or the like. It seems I have a lot of catching up to do with your amazing work, I didn't realise how much. I have seen all your other gorgeous work and loved every one. Have a good week x

Leslie Miller said...

This really is a lovely stamp and gorgeous embossed background. The sweet pinks with white outline look so pretty with the soft kraft base. It's quite different from your previous card. One could almost not recognize the stamp. Well done, Hilary!

Stef Perry said...

How beautiful, Hilary! Using kraft for the background and the stamping is such a nice alternative to white (which I rarely do, thanks for the reminder!) and your colored pencil work is just gorgeous - love the pink and kraft combo. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge!

Laurie Unger said...

How pretty. I really like the coloring on kraft and the texture that the embossing folder adds. thanks for playing over at the Flower Challenge.

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful Hilary. Just breathtaking and cleverly layed out. Love the kraft. Thanks for sharing at Cut It Up.

Loll said...

STUNNING card Hilary. I love the colours you've used on the kraft background. This card has a very romantic, vintage feel to it. Great work. And a great example of how versatile your image is. xx

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous colour combo with the kraft and the soft colours. Your embossed background is so pretty ♥

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning gorgeous colouring and a delightful creation to admire xx

papierelle said...

When planning, I would have said, no, the embossing folder and the stamp motif don't match, too many flowers, curlicues, leaves.... But you show with your card, yes, it works and it looks beautiful.

Gerda said...

This card is beautiful!! Love the embossing and the gorgeous colouring on the heart (flowers)!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Greta said...

Breathtakingly beautiful, Hilary! One of my favorites! Your coloring on the kraft is wonderful and I can see why that's your favorite folder!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Helen said...

Beautiful - such an elegant design.

Thanks for having me as a Guest Designer this month.

Helen x

Maria said...

Such a very lovely card!! Beautiful embossed background and lovely heart, well done!!

Lisa said...

Wow this is absolutely breath taking. Love that stamp, love the softness of the colors you used and love the gold sentiment too. Really beautiful card.

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous EF you used behind your beautifully colored heart Hilary - the kraft card looks like shimmery gold in your photo - I was sure you had used a metallic cardstock! Julia xx

Angelnorth said...

Beautifully soft and dreamy and romantic Hilary, this is just lovely!

Jules said...

Hi Hilary
Loving the embossed kraft very much, and the pretty soft colours alongside.
Surprising how different the stamp looks.
Love Jules xx