Tuesday 27 February 2024

Celebrating 12 years of Uniko

I have wanted to participate in the Uniko 12th Birthday Linky and today I finally found enough time to make a quick card with some of my large collection of Uniko products. The linky closes at the end of the month so I am just in time.

I wasn't sure what I would make, so I had a look through my Uniko stamps and chose this one which is the large background tropical paradise stamp. I stamped it is VersaFine Clare green oasis ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I am sorry that neither of my photos show the shine from the embossing.


I then coloured the leaves and the background with my Sharpie pens and mounted it onto a mat that I had inked with the green oasis ink. The happy birthday sentiment is from layering Bauhaus blocks stamp set. The card base is Hunkydory adorable scorable coated card.


These days I always add inserts to my cards that I usually decorate with a coordinating stamp. I haven't done that for this card yet so technically it is not completely finished, but I don't want to miss the link up deadline.

I hope you like it. Thanks Bev for the 12 years of wonderful Uniko products.



As the sun was shining the other day, I took a few pictures of the plants in my conservatory. I thought you might like to see them. Although they are not your classic tropical house plants, I thought they complement my card. They are mainly echeverias and aeoniums. They do love the sun.





Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

22 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your beautiful card reflect the sunny day you have had, such gorgeous bold and bright colours for the lovely tropical foliage!
Your conservatory looks amazing and full of beautiful succulents, you have really a lot of them!
Hugs

Leslie Miller said...

Everything you've shared today has warmth radiating right out of my computer screen! I can't help but love the yellow and greens of your card. My colors, for sure. Ohhh, how I would love to sit in your conservatory which probably feels like summer even though we're not quite there yet. This is all just wonderful, Hilary!

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful tropical card and love our beautiful tropical sun room :)

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Hilary - love your bright and cheerful colours!!
Your conservatory looks to be a wonderful spot - it is obvious you plants appreciate it :)
Blessings
Maxine

GerJanne said...

Love to see the sun on your blog! And the succulents are wonderful. I can imagine that you are enjoying them every day!
The stamping on your card is also very wonderful. And the bright yellow and green makes me happy...It's grey overhere....

brenda said...

Loving the fresh zingy colours Hilart. Plants are looking good, sun makes all the difference.

B x

brenda said...

Hilary, so sorry, this voice programme goes off on a tangent.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a gorgeous zingy fresh looking card Hilary. I am ready for spring/summer now. I love your conservatory flowers, thank you for sharing.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Loll said...

Your tropical leaves card is bold and beautiful, Hilary. Great colouring with sharpies!! So fun! What a gorgeous day and what a beautiful conservatory with so many gorgeous plants. The photo also shows your amazing garden in the background. Wow! xx

Linby said...

Love this bright and bold card.
Great pics of all your lovely plants in the sunshine.

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, I love your tropical card! AND I'd love to spend a day in your beautiful, sunny conservatory!
=]

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary your card is beautiful and what gorgeous vibrant colours you have used I have to admit I have never heard of this make but have seen several people refer to this special birthday event I am also loving your plants they look so healthy and happy
hugs
lolo x

Bonnie said...

The clear embossing maybe doesn't show the shine, but it does show crisp outlines and your coloring is spot on! Aren't Sharpies great to color with? Glad you got this done in time for the challenge!

Ashwini Rao said...

Two spectacular sights - a lush green card and another, a lush green conservatory! Loved seeing both!
The card looks brilliant - I love you how you've accentuated the greens with the yellow background, and the greens standout that much more. Great creation! :)
I am loving looking at your conservatory - must be so great to sit there and just relax!! Lucky you! :)

papierelle said...

The green on your card is balm for the soul and also the sun makes a good feeling!!!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card and I'd be spending quite a bit of time in your conservatory. Fabulous!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous tropical leaves, Hilary, and such a bright happy yellow too!! Oh my, if I had that fabulous conservatory I'd have trouble leaving it!! Thanks for sharing - we have more cold and snow here so it's nice to see plants & flowers!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love your happy vibrant greens Hilary, the yellow mat and card is just perfect. Your conservatory is so beautiful with the gorgeous plants, they look so healthy and beautiful. Love your furniture too, a very restful place to be methinks. x

Angelnorth said...

Lovely vivid card Hilary, the bright colours suit the image perfectly! Your plants certainly look happy to see some sunshine.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A wonderful card design and I love the bold colour choice too. Your plants are looking fabulous and healthy, I'm afraid I do not have very green fingers. I think we could all do with a bit more sunshine right now, winter seems to have been rather long and drawn out.
Lorraine

Dotty Jo said...

I see we have something else in common, Hilary! I'm a huge fan of succulents and my conservatory is stuffed full of them right now. Love your fabulously tropical card too, Jo x

Maria said...

What a lovely conservatory and such wonderful plants! Your card is beautiful! Love all the colors of green and the bright yellow!