Sunday 2 June 2024

May Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 31 card makers took part and I sent my card to Viv in the UK.


From all the options this month I have used the colours, the theme option of friendship and the technique option of stencils.


I started by ink blending CP be mine and grape crush onto a panel of coated card (Papermill Direct). I really like how this card takes ink. Once I was happy with my panel I foiled the oval dots in gold (Spellbinders) and then the flower (PinkFresh Studio). You will be fed up with seeing this flower soon as this is the 4th card I have made with it. I was pleased with how the foiling took on top of the ink. I used the matching stencils to add more colour to the flower and then wondered if I could lift ink off with some water. The answer was, yes, you can. I just wish that I had thought of it before I used the stencils, but never mind. That's a lesson learned for next time. I used the stamp and grape crush ink for the insert and envelope.


The sentiment is from the matching stamp set and I heat embossed it in gold onto the same card, cut it with an oval die and matted it onto another oval that I had coloured with grape crush. I did the same with the main panel after cutting it with one of my Lisa Horton dies. I am very pleased that I have discovered a better way to keep my panel unmarked when it goes through my die cutting machine. I have quite a supply of thin acetate sheets that I used to used for presentations (before the days of powerpoint). The acetate is better than copy paper for protecting the card. My plates are very messy.

I finished it off with a few little gold gems.

I was very lucky to receive these gorgeous cards from Dagmara in Poland. Aren't they gorgeous? The Zebras relate to a very rare condition that she suffers from that I have been learning about. It is such a challenge and a constant worry for her. I am so pleased that she is able to get so much pleasure from card making and she is a stunning colourist as you can tell from the photo of her cards. Thanks for signing up behind me Dagmara. I have learnt a lot from you.


If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

38 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Ha ha, I don't think I'd get tired from seeing this flower, since you are making the all the cards look so different and unique! I love the card design this time; and the purple and gold combo - looks so exquisite and charming! Great card, Hilary!

Zacisze Lenki said...

A great card, the cards from Polish are also very nice. Hugs.

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous card,love the beautiful embossed flowers and vibrant colour.Love the cards you received from Dagmara too.
Carol x

Greta said...

Incredibly elegant, gorgeous card, Hilary! And wonderful ones from Dagmara!

Viv said...

I LOVED this Hilary - was so lucky to have you as my swap partner this month. The card is absolutely beautiful - thank you again. x

Loll said...

STUNNING card that you sent to Viv, Hilary! The colours are gorgeous and I love the gold foiling. Aren't you lucky to receive two fabulous cards. They are awesome! xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a stunning creation Hilary the image and colours are beautiful
hugs
lolo x

Gail said...

So beautiful!
The colors are so vibrant!

Julia Aston said...

Oh, what beautiful depth of purple color on your panel Hilary! and that gold embossed flower stamping is gorgeous - I can see why you are using it a lot on your cards! Julia xx

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful depth of colour Hilary and the water lifting trick has worked perfectly to give some variation in saturation. Gorgeous card, I’m sure Viv loved it!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! I'm speechless! This colours combo so vibrant and deep really touches my chords, the flowers are majestic and the gold foiling is just the ice on the cake! Love the simple pierced frames and your colouring! A masterpiece!
Thanks so much for the tip about thin acetate to prevent marks on the diecuts, my plates are always a mess even if they are relatively new!
Beautiful cards from your Poland pal, so sorry for her rare condition :(

Jeanne H said...

I too think your card is beautiiful and fabulous. The colors and that flower make me happy as I bet your recipient feels.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous use of the colors on your new favorite flower, Hilary!! Love it and all the gold foiling too!!

Bonnie said...

This is my absolute favorite, Hilary! Love these colors and your stenciling! I can't wait to see what else you do with this set!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, see, there you go... this flower looks completely different from your previous card which I just finished looking at. Love this in purple and gold. The ink-lifted areas stand out beautifully. It's good to know about this cardstock. Coated card is so nice for ink blending, wet embossing, and solid image stamps. Dagmara's cards are amazing, too. I especially love the zebras!

EmmaT said...

Beautiful creation, love the rich colour

brenda said...

Purple and gold make for such a luxurious look Hilary.

B x

Linby said...

Wow! The colour is magnificent and the gold pops beautifully.

papierelle said...

Oh wow, this is stunning and I'm speakless. I can only be amazed!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Hilary - that is a beautiful flower, and you have made a stunning card this time around. And a beautiful pair of cards from Dagmar, also
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

What a stunning creation, Hilary! Love the gold against the schmoochy purple - looks amazing. I must take a look at that card as I usually order from Papermill. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Bonnie said...

Holy cow what a stunner. I will never grow weary of this image. Especially now that you will be lifting.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous card Hilary, I adore the colours and you foiling makes it look very regal.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Arlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous. WOW

Mia said...

What a gorgeous card, Hilary! Great colors and foiling, my friend.

Lisa said...

Your card beautifully incorporates the colors, theme of friendship, and stencil technique for this month's options. The ink blending, foiling, and use of matching stencils create a stunning floral design, and your discovery of using acetate sheets to protect the card during die cutting is a clever solution to keep your panels unmarked.

Christine Alexander said...

OMG gold foiling is stunning against the purple. I'll have to check out ink blending on coated card, I have lots :)

Chris said...

Really pretty cards! Such a fun challenge.💜

Maria said...

Gorgeous card! I love the gold foiling and beautiful color! And, what lovely cards you received from Dagmara!

Barbara said...

Very beautiful cards. I love both of them!

Sarn said...

An absolutely stunning card sent to your swap partner.

Lovely card received in return too. Xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow, stunning! Love the vibrant purple tones and pretty gold outline, a superb card.
Lorraine

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Lisa said...

Wowza both of these cards are amazing. Your floral image is outstanding and I am in awe of the color and the card you received is just so adorable.

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Your card is stunning! The violett and the gold together - mmm elegant!
Nice sentiment too.
Hugs

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Absolutely stunning result Hilary, a stunning card. x