Tuesday 18 June 2024

We Love Stamping June Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love StampingIt is a very special challenge this month as we are celebrating 15 years of this special stamping challenge.  This means that there are some very special prizes on offer.



Brenda has chosen our theme this month:
**Fabulous Florals **
or anything goes

I think I told you that I got a stampwheel for my birthday didn't I? Well, one of the first things I tried it with was my favourite turnabout stamp from Concord & 9th. Of course once I was on a roll I didn't just do 1 card, but 7. I really enjoyed doing all the stamping, but turning them all into cards took ages. I have decided to share them all with you here.

They are all 4inch square and use Catherine Pooler inks. I mixed up the backgrounds a little.


The mats were inked with one of the CP colours.


The inserts were stamped with leafy wreath from Stamps by Chloe.


The backgrounds are made with various coverplates


The sentiments are a mixture of hotfoiling, BetterPress and die cuts.


The edges were inked with one of the colours


I conclude that the Stampwheel is excellent for turnabout stamps. It remains a challenge to get them lined up properly, but once you have you can just keep on going!


Don't you just love all the colours? Which is your favourite?

Both my daughters gave me very special birthday presents this year so I made these into a set of notecards and gave them to my younger daughter as a special thank you for her special gift. I made another set with different turnabouts for my elder daughter. Perhaps I will share them soon.

Don't forget we are celebrating 15 years this month so do go and check out the special prizes on the challenge blog. The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention.

Here is a glimpse of the fantastic prizes on offer:

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is seen somewhere on your card front, it no longer needs to be the main focus. Please also mention the products used. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 3rd July.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I thought I would leave you with a picture of my very verdant looking garden. All the rain has definitely made it grow. I managed to catch it when the sun shone for a few minutes. I am very pleased with how it is looking at the moment. The roses smell amazing too, they will be gone soon, so I need to appreciate them while they last. In a few days all the while petals will be covering everything. June is definitely a special time in my garden.


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

24 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

All these cards have a lovely, clean, fresh feel to them - the colours are gorgeous and just right for these pretty, floral makes.
Lorraine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - you've been busy, Hilary! Just love your colorful turnabouts, finished so beautifully!! Of course my fave is the one with lots of purple - looks great with the oranges!

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous set of cards, its amazing how different changing the colours makes them look x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!! You have been buzy Hilary, I love these notecards. Everyone of them is gorgeous. You have a beautiful garden, I miss my garden now being in a flat. Sorry I haven't been around much to comment on your creations but I am getting so busy with my work in The Salvation Army these days. Also I am not well at the moment and I am suppose to be flying to France on Monday. 😬
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Loll said...

Wow! You've really gone to town with this new stamping wheel, Hilary. Each card is beautiful with the colours and different designs. All the colour combos are beautiful, but have to say I like the first one the best. :)

Your garden is AMAZING. We are having lots of rain here too ... summer is supposed to be here this week, though. Looking forward to more sunshine. :) The plants do enjoy the rain, so there's always an up-side. :) Love, Loll

Cat Craig said...

You are a master with those turnabouts. Lovely collection.

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous set of cards,love the stamps and all the different colourways and embossed backgrounds-love them all.
Carol x

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
So nice to see all the floral cards with the turn-about tool and stanps. I love the colors you've used. And the background die.
Your garden looks amazing and I almost can smell the white roses...Zo beautiful.

Bonnie said...

Each of these is so pretty, Hilary! I love the mix of colors and backgrounds! I think if I have to pick a favorite it would be the aqua and green. Your garden looks so lush. We could use some of that rain.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful post Hilary, love how you displayed all the cards explaining the details one line at time, so we can appreciate the different looks. Your stampwheel and turnabout stamp are a winning pair!! Love the different colours palettes and coverplates (one of my must favourite types od dies). My favourite is hr second one.
Beautiful photo of you garden in bloom! Here the rain and humidity have ruined a lot of plants with grey mold. But today the sun shines and we have a strong hot!
Hugs

brenda said...

Goodness you've been bust Hilary, what a lovely colourful display.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Hilary - I think my favourite is the blue toned one, the first one in the post.
Your garden looks amazing - we are heading into the coldest part of winter now, so there is not much growing, even in the vegetable gardens. :)
Blessings
Maxine

Linby said...

I've been avoiding my turnabout stamps but maybe I need a wheel! You certainly couldn't stop once you started and all such fab colours and layouts.

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, what a spectacular set of cards! You certainly were on a roll with that wheel - pun intended. Your very first card is my favorite today - besides your own garden that is!
I really love the fencing, too!
=]

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh, wow!! So many!! And they are all looking amazing!! I love all the different versions of the same stamp set, all the different colors and the different die cuts that you've used to cut them out and even the backgrounds. Little things make such a difference in cards, don't they? You must have had a fun time making them! :)

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Hilary these are fantastic I love the images and colours I also love those backgrounds superb work
hugs
lolo x

Maria said...

You did a great job using your new stamping wheel! Your cards are so pretty with the beautiful backgrounds in lovely color! Thank you for sharing a photo of your garden, too, so lovely!

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christine Alexander said...

I love the effect from the turn about stamp and your beautiful colour combos ♥

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Hilary, these are just gorgeous cards, such beautiful stamping, I love your colour choices in each one, love the backgrounds too, making each one unique. Love your roses, ours have put on a beautiful show this year too. I wonder if it's all the rain we have had? Enjoy your garden. x

Greta said...

Your garden is beautiful! I can see why you like June! Love that turnabout, too and love all your cards, Hilary! You've inspired me to make use of mine and maybe I'll get something made for the special challenge celebrating 15 years.

Darnell said...

Bravo, Hilary! It's lovely to see a mate having a productive time in the craftorium! These are all super turn-about designs with awesome background plates! If you'd have given the names, I'd be a lot poorer right now, lol! Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden, too! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa said...

Your collection of turnabout cards is truly impressive! The vibrant colors from Catherine Pooler inks paired with the leafy wreath stamp from Stamps by Chloe create a delightful harmony across each card. The mix of hotfoiling, BetterPress, and die-cut sentiments adds a personalized touch. It's clear the stampwheel has been a fantastic addition to your crafting arsenal, despite the challenge of alignment. Each card radiates creativity and craftsmanship—well done!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, goodness, what a wonderful collection of cards you've made! It would be hard to not make a bunch, and just look at all those wonderful colors and backgrounds! I have to say, I'm quite taken with the leafy wreath on the insert, too. I can understand the time it takes to make the cards, but what lovely gift sets for your daughters. We are fortunate to be gifted with the gorgeous glimpse of your garden today! I'm swooning! There really is no place like home.