Saturday 22 June 2024

Craftlandia Challenge 19

Welcome to Craftlandia challenge 19 run by the wonderful Mia of Craftartista.

Our theme this time is:
Sun and Seashells
or 
Anything Goes

Our very generous sponsor is:
The prize is 4 digital sets of your choice.
That is a very special prize so please head over to the Etsy store to see the range
of digital designs that Kim (the owner) has in the store.

My card uses one of our sponsors images of a beautiful blue sea and beach full of shells.


I didn't want to detract from the amazing image so I printed it onto glossy photo paper, trimmed it a little, edged it in black and mounted it on a glossy paper panel that I had cut with my Altenew dotted scales debossing cover die. I edged this with black glossy card too. The sentiment (from Heffy Doodle) was heat embossed in white onto the same glossy black card. 



I can just imagine gazing into the sea whilst sitting on that beach admiring all those very special seashells. Unfortunately, it is unlikely to happen as we don't have any beaches like that around here, but I am pleased to say that we have now had a couple of warm sunny days, hooray. We have had a long of cold winds and rain. 

One bonus is that if the weather is bad, it can mean more crafting time so please head over to Mia's blog to check out the rest of the DT inspiration and join us for Craftlandia 19.


I am also sharing this at:
The day of the month card club - National seashell day


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

brenda said...

A very different card for you Hilary but isn't it a beautiful image, so peaceful.

B x

Ashwini Rao said...

The image is really beautiful. Love the look of the long vertical stripe of it on the card - seems like you're getting a sneak peak of what a beautiful place it could be. Wonderfully showcased, Hilary!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful image, and the black edging on both the focal panel and the base add such a lovely depth and drama. Gorgeous creation.

Carole said...

Lets run and find tha beach Hilary, it looks so inviting, a lovely image and a super card. xx

Lisa said...

Your card captures the serene beauty of the seaside perfectly! The glossy photo paper and debossed panel add a luxurious texture that complements the stunning sea and shell image. The heat embossed sentiment in white on glossy black cardstock is a striking touch. It must have been a joy to create such a tranquil scene, especially with the hope of warmer, sunnier days ahead.

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Hilary that image is sublime it makes me feel that maybe I need a holiday the scene is so inviting a super make
husg
lolo x
I did enter but the link up doesn't seem to be working for me

Linby said...

It is a beautiful image and I think you showcased it perfectly with your subtle background and edging of the image.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous card, Hilary! Just love that digi with all the shells - such a beautiful beach scene!! So glad you shared at DotMCC too!!

Leslie Miller said...

This is such a beautiful image and this background pattern always reminds me of seashells. Well done, Hilary! We have had the same kind of weather as you, but it appears the rain is beginning to ease off. Temps remain cool in our coastal area and I cannot complain as the rest of the US is having a serious heat wave.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Hilary and love the fabulous wish I was there image.WE have finally had some sun too-but-dare I say it yesterday was too hot for me lol.Sadly been too long since I was on the beach!
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So beautiful and elegant, Hilary! Love the stripe on the pinpoint panel and the black&white sentiment makes the shells just pop! I would want being there too! Here there are lots of beaches, but no seashells. Not as in this image!
Here it's raining just now, but this time isn't raining sand as the past days! It's normal clean water! Hooray! LOL
Hugs

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Hilary. I love how you've used the beautiful image as a panel and the subtle pattern on background.
Liz xx

Bonnie said...

Wouldn't be wonderful to come upon a beach with so many shells? A beautiful image and the simple black highlights add to that beauty!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Hilary - love the delicate 'framing' in the black - that is perfect and really brings the image to life
Blessings
Maxine

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary.
it's a stunning image and the eyecatcher on your card. Here we have summerdays now! Yesterday a gardenparty, I love it. The weather at yours seems similar to ours! I hope to sit in my garden with a book this day!

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous design, really framing the lovely image. We are lucky to be close to alot of beaches but not sure any look quite that good:-)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

You have paired this lovely image with the perfect embossing folder and created an awesome card.
Lorraine

papierelle said...

You worked very well with this design paper and created a very beautiful card!!! Glad you joined us at DotMCC. Good luck!! Gundi

Diana Moriel said...

That is such a beautiful card!