Monday 29 July 2024

Collaborating with Cat

Today is a very special day as it is time for another collaboration with the lovely Cat from Cat luvs paper. She very generously sent me this Spellbinders hotfoil plate and die set called Anemone Glimmer Blooms.

Of course I proceeded to make a number of cards.

This is the one that I have sent to Cat. I chose it in the end because the foiling was near perfect and in addition it was the negative piece that foiled so well. That doesn't happen often, so I was pretty chuffed.


I made 2 more exactly the same but using the positive foiled image. The negative didn't work with these 2. The friend die is part of the set and I think the hello comes from a Uniko set. The wonky dies are a resent acquisition from the Heffy Doodle closing down sale. The heart stamp is from an ancient set that I found in my stash.


Of course, if you ask me which is my favourite it would be the green one, but unfortunately if you look closely there is an area where the foiling is a little blotchy. I am not going to point it out.


I am sad to report that my foiling machine is still playing up. I took it to my local repair hub and they confirmed that it is the way the plate connects to the base. It has become loose and is difficult to fix. they have kept hold of it to see if they can work out a way to sort it out. I am waiting hopefully. I do love my foiling machine.

Thanks Cat for being such a good friend and inspiration to me.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

17 comments:

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous selection, the foiled images is beautiful and i bet when the light hits the foil they really come to life and dance. Emma

Liz said...

Three beautiful cards, Hilary. They look so different by changing the colours. I think my favourite is the green one too.
Liz xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous foiling, Hilary, and so sorry you're having problems with your machine - no fun!! My fave is the green one too - just so light and airy with the white bouquet!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

I Card Everyone said...

Cat is a very generous friend, and she knew you'd do fabulous things with those foiling plates, Hilary!
The green on is my favorite of all - and I couldn't find a thing wrong with it! Though, at this point, I don't hesitate to blame it on that machine!
=]

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful trio of cards Hilary - that is a beautiful image, and I love the various colorways you have used with it
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the foiling, perfect or not. Beautiful cards Hilary, I love you used different colour cards to show your stamping off. Great dies too. x

papierelle said...

The same motif three times and yet each card looks so different.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Three really gorgeous cards Hilary.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, Oh my gosh these are so lovely. I am glad your foiling machine was working. As gorgeous as the cards are in your blog pics, they are so much more amazing in person, thank you so much for sending along the pink one to me. I will treasure it.

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Hilary these are 3 very beautiful creations I would be hard pushed to choose a favourite but I must admit that pink and black does make a great statement piece superb makes
hugs
lolo x

Ashwini Rao said...

These are some really gorgeous cards! I wasn't even able to discern anything wrong anywhere, so it definitely is for your eyes only! :) I hope your foiling machine gets repaired without any issues too.

Maria said...

Oh, three very lovely cards done with foiling! So pretty in different colors! Well done, Hilary!!

Bonnie said...

You used this plate and die beautifully, Hilary! Your use of the negative foil is amazing! I never could get a good foiling with that! It's such fun to collaborate with friends!

Lisa said...

What a great floral image and you used it beautifully on 3 different cards. I love that we can have an image and use it in so many different ways to have so many different looking cards. Nicely done.

Linby said...

wow! love these, hard to chose a fav.

Greta said...

These look beautiful to me!