Tuesday 2 July 2024

June Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 32 card makers took part and I sent my card to Linda in Michigan.

From all the options this month I used the themes of summer and friendship and foil from the product options.


I was a bit short on time this month so I had a look through my unused bits and pieces and chose this alcohol inked background. You can't see it in the photo, but there are a few foiled areas that add a tiny bit of shine and interest. They didn't turn out very well so it is only a tiny bit! Sorry about the poor photo.


I decided that die cuts would be the quickest way to a complete card, so I found this leaf coverplate frame by Altenew. It is an imperial A2 coverplate and my panel was metric A6 so I cut off the frame at the bottom. It then fitted nicely. I found a scrap of shiny gold metallic card for the sentiment and added it under the leaves.


I wasn't terribly happy with it so I added some cosmic shimmer spray to the upper part of the card. This doesn't show at all on the photos I am afraid. I still wasn't that happy with it so I added a few red flowers for a bit of contrast and interest. I used another stylised flower die on the insert and stamped the envelope with a flower too.

I am not quite sure what is wrong with this card, but it still doesn't feel right to me. I think perhaps the sentiment is too much. Anyway, I had no time to change anything about it, so off it went to Linda.


I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Chris in Ilinois. Isn't it great? Thanks Chris.


If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

20 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely vibrant colours or Linda's pretty card Hilary.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful nothing wrong with it at all but I know what you mean I have just made one for my Grandson that I wasn't happy with and wasn't even going to blog but took pics anyway and thought oohh it doesn't look too bad-what are we like lol.I love the inky background and beautiful leafy coverplate die,with just the pop of red with the little flowers.Love the Summery one from Chris too.
Carol x

Liz said...

Beautiful card Hilary, great design and the colours are so pretty. Super card you received from Chris too.
Liz xx

papierelle said...

Wow your card is amazing. It looks like a walk thru the garden!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a gorgeous background and I love all your additions, Hilary! I'm sure it was beautiful before but the bitty red flowers added that extra pop! Great card from Chris too!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely background you found in your stash Hilary, it looks so pretty behind the wonderful canopy leaves. Pretty scattered red sequin flowers and golden sentiment! Julia xx

Gail said...

Your card looks fantastic!
Great dies you have used!

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, Hilary - looks like a slice of a tropical Summer! Thanks for joining the fun at CCC again, Jo x

Imke said...

Fabulouscard, Hilary. There is nothin wrong- it is so beautiful ! Like your card. So fun to join this swap.

Imke ~

GerJanne said...

It is a very shiny card and I love the gold! Very beautiful!
And the card you've received is so different, but so nice!

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, I think your pretty card reflects what has been taking all your time: your garden perhaps?
Chris' card looks like the opposite side of our shared Lake Michigan! SO fun!
=]

Ρένα Χριστοδούλου said...

Πωπω υπέροχη κάρτα!
Μου αρέσει να φτιάχνω κι εγώ κάρτες, ιδίως Πάσχα και Χριστούγεννα, να ανακυκλώσιμα υλικά.
Πολλά φιλιά.

Loll said...

I LOVE the vibrant colours and beautiful design, Hilary. Those leaves are gorgoeus ... and the large sentiment makes a statement. Great work!! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful mix of colours for your AI background, and such pretty die cuts both for the sentiment and the leaves ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of your background Hilary, and I love the leaves and how you adapted the coverplate die - and I am sure the recipient will be lased to receive it!!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Always good to make use of a background previously made and I like the colors of this one. The leafy border is beautiful on top of it!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a pretty card, love the leafy details and colours too.
Lorraine

Bonnie said...

I think you are too hard on yourself, Hilary! This is a beautiful card! I love the AI background with that beautiful gold sentiment and the little red flowers are so pretty! I'm sure Linda is thrilled with it.

Viv said...

This is lovely Hilary (as usual!) xx

Arlene said...

I really like it. You're being too hard on yourself. There will just be times like this. It's wonderful.