Thursday 18 July 2024

We Love Stamping July Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where we love to see you using your stamps. 

This year the design team will all be selecting a monthly option to reflect their own individual style of crafting or favourite themes. On the remaining months we will continue as before with a general theme along with an anything goes option, as previously.

Faith has chosen our theme this month:

**Sun, Sea and Sand**
or Anything Goes


I don't often create scenes on my cards but that has changed this month as this is my second beach scene. This stamp (at ease 30-844 by Penny Black) was a gift that I was delighted to receive.


I stamped and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder and then painted it with my Zig clean colour real brush pens. I hope that my background looks like sand and grass. I realised I couldn't have the sea in the background as the hut is facing the sea.


I added a tiny bit of glass bead gel again to give a little sparkle and interest. You can just see it on the close up.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are 2 prizes of watercolour mediums and dies from Highlight Crafts. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is seen somewhere on your card front, it no longer needs to be the main focus. Please also mention the products used. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 31st July

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
Penny Black Saturday Cahllenge - Anything Goes (Thanks Jenny)


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

26 comments:

brenda said...

I did wonder if you had used glass beads again, how very effective for the sand Hilary, if I had a beach hut it would definitely be pink!

B x

Carole said...

I bet yours is the best painted beach hut of them all Hilary..lol It is wonderful and what a nice sentiment too. xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Such a beautiful & colourful scene! I'd to love to be there! ps: you could share at Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

Viv said...

Just love this Hilary!
Been meaning to get some glass bead gel too - it looks fab and perfect for sand. Gorgeous make. x

Karen P said...

I haven't heard of glass seed gel, will have to look into that. I love your beautifully coloured beach hut. Would love to be there x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Hilary love the little Beach House also that wonderful sentiment a super make
hugs
lolo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling beach house, Hilary, and I just love the shore scene you gave it!! Gorgeous coloring & I love the sentiment too!!

Linby said...

A wonderful use of this stamp, love the sand.

Loll said...

Your beach house in the sand is adorable. Makes me want to head to the beach! :) xx

I Card Everyone said...

I think I'd like to stay the weekend in your cute cabana, Hilary! SO fun!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Super cute card, Hilary. ANd I love that sentiment. I love the water it gives me peace.

GerJanne said...

Ah, this is a very nice and bright little beachhouse...Love all the pink. Thanks for your comments. Yes, My mother feels comforable in her new appartment.
So happy for her!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is a beautiful card Hilary...love your wee scene, well done
Blessings
Maxine

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous card and image, I love the pink beach hut

papierelle said...

It looks really great and I really like how you designed the beach, very realistic.

Ashwini Rao said...

Love the scene. Even though the sea isn't in the scene, I can visualize it. I love the simple scene is depicted, including your coloring the use of the glass bead gel. Excellent card, Hilary.

Bonnie said...

Another lovely beach scene, Hilary! I love the sparkle in the sand and that pretty beach hut! Your birthday card arrived and was well worth the wait. Your foiling is amazing, my friend. I love it!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I LOVE your pink hut Hilary, great thinking about the sea, it's just normal to do sea isn't it? The background is just perfect to your hut. Love it. x

Darnell said...

Looks like you're a natural when it comes to scene building, Hilary! This looks like a photo! I love the little pink stripey beach hut and, yes, your sky and sand are amazing, especially with the addition of the grass and the glass beads to the sand!

Lisa said...

Great beach scene. I love glass bead gel. It is a great texture to add to cards and really adds to any scene with some wonderful texture.

Greta said...

What a great scene, Hilary! Love everything about this card!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Finally I founded some time to catch up!
I saw your wonderful card on the DT blog and immediately recognised the beautiful texture of the sand. They are glass beads, how clever! Adorable scene with the beautiful stamp and those sweet and bold pink tones! Love how you added the shadow under the beach hut too!
Hugs

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous, it must be fun to own a beach house to pop to if we ever get two days together that are nice. I am so sorry I thought I had commented on this lovely creation, I have been so busy with The S A I must have forgot.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Maria said...

Oh, what a great scene! Love the bright pink beach hut against the soft sky and sand! The sentiment is perfect and love the glass bead gel!

Pauline C said...

This is a gorgeous scene … fabulous funky pink beach hut!! xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Congrats. You won the prize at PBSC! 123 Stitch have cheap postage to Aust, so hopefully it is to the UK as well. Hugs x