Saturday 23 October 2021

Wildlife

I have been thinking that I wanted to support the challenge over at River of Creativity and knowing that I had no time to make something, I had a look through my collection of cards that I have made and not yet shared. I found this, the animals are so cute but I think they can still be described as wildlife (this months challenge theme).


I made this card for my granddaughters 9th birthday in July. The little animals are stamp and die sets from Crafters Companion. There are 8 in the set and I got a bit carried away and bought the whole set! They can be gift tags or bookmarks. My granddaughter is always reading so I thought she could use these as bookmarks. I like how they hang their front legs over the edge so I thought about how I could present them on the card and decided on the brick wall. I also doubled them so that each one would slip over the card base. I also did this because I coloured them with alcohol markers and so the ink leached through to the back rather spoiling the effect of the back view. 


The front of the card is made with a brick wall stencil, a grass stencil and a flower border die.


Don't they look cute from the back?


When all 3 of my grandchildren came to stay in July we had a session making tags, they seemed to enjoy it and I was impressed by how well they did, with no help from me.



I love this picture not only because the kids look so happy and proud of their makes, but also because my garden in the background is looking pretty good too.

I am also sharing this at:
Stamping Sensations - Animals, birds and bugs






Supplies:
Cardstock: White stamping card
Ink: Catherine pooler; Memento, London Fog; Versafine, onyx black; Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
Stamps/Dies: Gemini by Crafters Companion; Lawn Fawn, flower border
Stencils: Clarity Stamp, brick wall; Newtons Nook, hills and grass

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

24 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

so cute, love the front back images ♥

crafty-stamper said...

A brilliant project for the challenge love the cute animals and how their legs hang over the wasll=great view from the back too,love all the grandchildrens tags too and no help needed lol.Hope your daughter is okay and not too ill-Hollie has now had a negative result so good news there
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

This is fabulous Hilary love those little critters what a great idea to use a wall to display them I bet they work great as bookmarks, super project
hugs
lorraine x

Cat Craig said...

Great card and tags, so happy you had a nice time with the grands.

brenda said...

What a super post Hilary, the card for your Granddaughter is rather different for you, but just goes to prove your versatility. It's a real fun creation and sure she loved it. Fabulous photos as well.

So pleased you found us at River of Creativity and joined this months theme, thank you,


B x

brenda said...

Oops, forgot to also thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Ratana said...

Ohhh, I love this project, it looks promising. More, give us more!!
Live Football Scores

Witchcrafted Life said...

This card is pure fun and ever-so-cute to boot. What a sweet, cheerful design. Just the kind of lighthearted loveliness to brighten anyone's day.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Zoechaos said...

Aww thank you Hilary for thinking of us at River of Creativity. Yep these are wildlife! What a great idea to give tags that are bookmarks on a card like this. Even better getting the youngsters involved in making them as well. Thank you for adding these to the flow xx

papierelle said...

This card is so beautiful and funny and I really like that you thought about how your granddaughters can continue to use it. And if you exemplify creativity to children, then they are creative themselves, they can rightly be proud. You have adorable grandchildren. Have a lot of fun with them.

Loll said...

Adorable card/bookmarks Hilary. What a cute stamp set that includes both the front and back view of those adorable critters. I can see why you bought the whole set of them. :) Your grandkids look like they had fun creating. They are all so adorable and agree that your garden is beautiful in the background. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, the tags and your card are so cute! I would call them wildlife, even if the unicorn is imaginary wildlife. I have to say your grandkids are soooo adorable! Also, I was having garden envy even before you said anything about it. Such a lovely room for viewing the garden, too.

GerJanne said...

Oh wow, your grandchildren are adorable! They look so proud and happy.
And your garden is beautiful indeed! I can imagine you enjoy it very much!
The tags are so nice! I love the animals and how they are peeping out of the top!

Elena C said...

Hillary, I love how you made these cute bookmarks. To have the fronts and backs like that is just darling!!! I hope your grandkids really liked them. What a very cute idea!!!
Elena

Christi Conley said...

Of course these can be "wild" - we don't know what they do when we aren't looking!! So cute and I love that they are front & back :) Thank you for supporting us at River of Creativity, we appreciate it!! Crafty Hugs, Christi, River of Creativity DT

Bunny said...

A fun picture of the creative children. What a grand time for them. [Bunny]

Bonnie said...

Awesome bookmarks, Hilary! Love the back of them too! I'm sure your granddaughter was delighted with this card! A lovely photo of your grandkids and garden!

Ashwini said...

Lovely card and bookmarks, Hilary! They do look adorable, front and back, I think you made a clever job of covering up the leached ink. And the photo is wonderful - its got so many of your favorites - granndkids, flowering garden and crafting!! Yay!! :)

Ratana said...

I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.
របៀបលេង Football Online

Linby said...

Super cute card and I love how they have backs to the tags. Your GC look so sweet and what fab makes they did too.

Thanks also for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

Mac Mable said...

Such an adorable card and yes loving the cute animals from the front and the back Hilary x. Thank you for sharing the fabulous photo of the three kiddos, who clearly enjoyed their crafting with you Hilary x.

Greta said...

Your card & tags are darling, but the kiddos are the stars of this post! So great you had that fun time with them!

Rocky said...

Thank you for supporting us at River Of Creativity, those tags are a fab idea and the children made some amazing examples.

Tracy said...

A fabulous and fun creation Hilary, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x