Tuesday 12 February 2019

Bouquet

Hello,
Today I have have a card I made from a set of Bo Bunny Flower Garden stamps. I have been trying to get round to using these since I got them a few weeks ago. They remind me of the flowers that Johanna Basford draws in her colouring books, I do love her books, I have them all but don't spend nearly enough time practicing my colouring skills. There are some simply amazing colourists out there.

Anyway this card helped me practice:


I started by stamping the flowers I wanted to use onto all over sticky post it notes and then fussy cutting them out. Then I just masked and stamped building up the bouquet as I went. I received some Faber-Castell Polychromos colour pencils for Christmas so I used them to colour my flowers. I also used some gel pens to add highlights and a bit of sparkle. After spending ages trying to decide how to use it, I eventually fussy cut it out (not very well) and mounted it on a card front that I had lightly stencilled with a petal pattern.


I added the tag when I saw the CAS on Friday challenge title of tag it, although I am unsure if this is truly a CAS card, perhaps you can tell me.



I am quite pleased with the finished card but because I faffed about so much I missed the deadline for the casology bouquet challenge that inspired it (also because I am a little unsure of it's CAS credentials).

I am entering it into the following challenges:
1. Snippets Playground #345 - my snippet is the tag. This is my first time entering this challenge, not sure why!
2. The Flower Challenge 29 - use your latest stamps or dies
3. CAS on Friday #151 - Tag it


Snippets Playground BadgeFor your blog


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

4 comments:

Mac Mable said...

The delicate stencil work is a wonderful background for those amazing flowers. Great fussy cutting and colouring and such a wonderful dimensional design. I am no CAS purist but it looks fabulously CAS to me. Stunning card x.

KandA said...

Gorgeous card Hilary, you've done an amazing job colouring those fabulous flowers xx

Di said...

No waaaaay! I lost a really long comment. Welcome to the Playground Hilary - and your card is fabulous.

Definitely CAS to me due to the large white space above those glorious flowers.

Hope to see you again next time - remember to claim your double go on the swings :)

Hugs

Di xx

Bobby said...

Fabulous masking to make your colorful bouquet, Hilary. Great work with your PolyChromos, too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.