Tuesday 19 February 2019

Stars

Hello,
Today I have my Twofer #13 entry ready to share with you. The prompt this month is stars, so as is usual for me I spent some time trying to come up with my designs. I usually try and have a design in my head before starting but more often than not it is not until I actually sit down to make a card that the design comes, or I find that what is in my head simply won't work in reality.

Anyway here is my star Twofer:


The star stamp is from a set that came free with a magazine. I haven't used it before and I found it lends itself quite nicely to heat embossing because of the detail within the star shape. I therefore used heat embossing on both cards. The background on both crds is done with Faber-Castell Gelatos, which I am busy experimenting with since they joined my supplies. I found them in TK Maxx at a really good price (you just never know what you will find in that shop). I think I am going to use them a lot as they are very forgiving, you can just keep on adding colour and blending and they are water soluble.

Here is my first card:



I used versa mark ink and white embossing powder for the star and I stamped it a second time after rotating the paper by 90 degrees. I spent some time trying to decide whether to mount it square or not! The sentiment is die cut from mirror card and the inside of the card reads 'on your birthday'.

Here is my second card:


This card reads congratulations inside and was made in a similar way to the first card. I wanted the stars to look like they are shining, not sure if I have succeeded. They are embossed in white on the background and the mounted one is gold. The sentiment was written with my Scan N Cut machine.


Well that's my Twofer for this month. Hope to see you again next month.



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate.
Hilary
xx

7 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Yes I know exactly what you mean about an idea in your head doesn't always translate onto the card....however I am sure in your case they did this time......Glorious cards and that star stamp is so delicate and pretty. Love what you've done with it on both of your wonderful cards. Never thought that TX Maxx would sell the gelatos....(off to take a look). The designs and layouts of both of your cards are striking and absolutely stunning x.

Cat Craig said...

Those are great stars Hillary, so much dimension is built into the design. Fabulous entry to the twofer.

Rosmarie said...

What a great Twofer! Those are two absolutely beautiful cards, Hilary! The first one impresses with a simple and clean style and the second one shines brighter than a starry sky - you really succeeded! What a brilliant idea to use this never-before-used stamp on your cards!
Rosi x

Darnell said...

These are both stunning designs, Hilary! Your Gelato backgrounds are rich and beautiful and I love how you have embossed that glorious star for each card! I especially love how you thought to turn the star 90 degrees on your birthday card!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #13! Hugs, Darnell

KandA said...

Two super star cards Hilary. Especially love the second with the gorgeous shining stars xx

Kara Lynne said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Hilary! I love the detail on that image, especially heat embossed! The white really stands out in your galaxy of colors, and your gold stars really do look like they are glowing! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous freebie star, Hilary ... you've used it beautifully on both cards. Stamping it twice on your first card makes it seem full and dimensional ... and it really pops against the blended background! Your scattering of stars with their halo's of light are wonderful ... a delicious celebratory design, especially with the gold embossed popped up star! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)