Sunday 9 June 2019

Background Stamping

Hello,
Today I have quite a bold card to share. This is one of my favourite techniques, watercolour powders on a heat embossed background. I used white heat embossing and brush powders and finished by adding extra colour and definition with my Zig brush pens.



I didn't want to detract from the background so I die cut the sentiment and stuck it on a piece of vellum that is wrapped round the panel.

Here is a close up:


 I have to say that I am very pleased with this card. I am usually extremely self critical (like most of us I suppose) but this one came together, I think it is the colours that make it.


I am sharing it at:
The Flower Challenge - Focus on background stamping

Watercooler Wednesday - Feminine anything goes


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

5 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Stunning and unique colours together, which make one fabulous and striking card. Great technique with the white heat embossing and love the subtly of the vellum die cut strip x

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous card...love the color you got from the brushos.

papierelle said...

Awesome and perfect !! I just miss the words.

Shona Chambers said...

This totally caught my eye in the Gallery, its spectacular!! I've never tried any of the powders but must give them a go if this is what they create. And such a good idea to add some details with your Zigs. I think we are all our own worst critics, sometimes it pays to tell ourselves to be quiet and just go with the flow. This looks like it was so much fun to create, I hope you do it again and I'm so glad you shared it with us at The Flower Challenge.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh WOW!! I totally agree, this card jumped at me when I saw it at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE gallery, it's simply gorgeous!!! I always love to see cards created with a watercolor wash like yours but I'm always very intimidated by the technique since the few times I've tried I've ended up with a muddy mess, LOL!!
I'm so happy you decided to share this with us, being self critical is something we all struggle with at one time or another and I hope you come and play again with us again soon.
Hugs.
Maria/DT