Tuesday 11 June 2019

Emboss Resist

Hello,
My card today in an emboss resist using a stencil, clear embossing and alcohol inks on watercolour paper.

Here is the card:


The stencil is a woodgrain which I inked with versa mark and heat embossed. I then used alcohol ink which soaks into the paper creating rather a lovely subtle effect. I also used bronze mixative that gives it a shine and isn't resisted by the embossing in the same way. The card is finished with a bronze strip of metal effects card and a diecut sentiment.

Here is a close up:




I am sharing it at Just add ink #460 emboss resist.



I also made another card with a left over piece so I thought I would include it in this post:



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

4 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Great man cards Hilary, the emboss resist with the alcohol inks is quite cool looking.

papierelle said...

Two extraordinary card, which I really like. And as a forest dweller, I especially like wood !!

Mac Mable said...

Great technique producing two fabulous and unique cards. Love the bronze hi-lights and your striking colours x.

brenda said...

Rather belatedly, two super creatios with the usual bark effect. B x