Sunday 9 June 2019

Daisy

Hello,
Today I have another watercolour card to share. I bought this Woodware stamp a while ago and have been meaning to get around to using it ever since. The day finally came, I am not sure what prompted it but here is the result of my playing:


As you can see I heat embossed the stamp with white embossing powder on hot pressed watercolour paper. I then used watercolour powders (Brusho) to colour it. I then added some definition with my zig real brush pens.

Here is a close up:


I am sharing this card at:
Seize The Birthday - #167 Anything Goes
AAA Birthday - Game 2 Use watercolours

 

I made a second card at the same time but used Distress Oxide inks on Bristol Board, which gave a very different feel to the card, even though I used similar colours. I again added detail with the same coloured ink using a brush. I am not entering this one in any challenges but I would love to know what you think. I prefer the vibrancy of the first card but there is something about the subtle colours and smoothness of this one that I quite like too.




Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

I so love that you are experimenting and trying out different inks etc Hilary. For me it's the vibrancy of the first card that really stands out and love the mix of the brusho's with the zigs. However the second card is so dreamy and love the subtle colour effect. We mustn't have favourites so I am going to say that I love both of them!! x.

Cat Craig said...

Cool to see the two variations together...not much is a bold as the pigment powders color wise. Fabulous cards.

brenda said...

Just beautiful Hilary, the white embossing really pops against the Brusho background. I think Brushos are one of the few crafting items that I never tire of, most go to the back of the cupboard after time but not Brusho's.

B x

Cathy said...

Love both versions Hilary, 2 gorgeous cards with really different looks, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

papierelle said...

That's a great result!! I am thrilled, you have used the Brushos perfectly. But even your second variant is very nice, it looks really tender here.

Tina said...

Such a pretty card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at AAA Birthday.

Jane said...

Yes both very beautiful, but I'm with you on the vibrancy of the brusho colours just sneaking into first place. Thanks so much for sharing these beauties and playing along with our water colour challenge at AAA Birthday.

Pip Lewer said...

I love both of your cards. The Brusho powders give amazing depth to the overall image. Such a clever technique. Thanks for playing along at AAA Birthday.

Ashwini Rao said...

What beautiful cards! Love both the versions - the brightness of the first and the dreamy look of the second! You've definitely showed off your watercoloring skills! Thank you for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

mugdha gujarathi said...

Love both of them but my heart goes with the first, Its so vibrant and beautiful.Thank you for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge.