Friday 30 December 2022

Year in Review Blog Hop

Here we are at the end of 2022 and I am taking part in a year in review blog hop led by the wonderful Ellie. There are 11 bloggers taking part in the hop, plus a Linky for you to share your own favourites from 2022.

It would be wonderful if you could join us by writing a post highlighting the favourite cards or projects that you have made in 2022 and link that post to the Linky below or on Ellie's blog. I hope you will visit some of the other participants and join us in the Linky. 

I always make more cards than I share so I thought today I would share my favourites from that selection.

Here goes:
January
This succulent stamp set was a gift. Stamped on kraft and coloured with pencils.

February
Love the bold colours and silver highlights on this one

March
Love ink blending

April

For my grandson's 9th birthday, 9 little shaker windows

May
A little bit of colouring and embossing

June
A stencil with glass bead glossy transparent paste. Love the shine

July
A 3d embossing folder using green paper and coloured with pencils

August
You already know that I love turnabout stamps

September
This die was a prize from Allsorts challenge blog, inlaid and coloured

October
Love these sparkly fishes and the watery gel print background

November
A little hand painted khadi paper

December
A hand painted Christmas card for my daughter

Here is the hop list, do visit them if you can, and don't forget to link up your favourite/s. It can be one or many, but it must be your own work.

I have a small prize for a random winner drawn from comments left on this post between now and 5th January. I hope you will be able to join us.

Bonnie from Stamping in the Light

Brenda from Floral Fantasies

Debbie from Secrets to Stamping

Diane from Nellies Nest

Ellie from Ellibelle’s Corner

Helene from Mummylade

Hilary from Fiddling About - You are here

Joanne from My Slices of Life

Melissa from The Stamping Ninja

Rachel from Slow Down, Enjoy and Create

Sara from Sassy’s Cards and Gifts

Sue from Just Peachy Stamping

 Nearly forgot, here is a picture of my very festive Christmas cactus in full bloom



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 


29 comments:

brenda said...

It was so tough choosing wasn't it Hilary, but you have a lovely display and whilst I recognise several I have to confess I must have missed a post or few.

Happy New Year.

B x

Diane said...

All your cards are beautifully unique, each one a gorgeous design! Your Christmas cactus is amazing, mine are just tiny little ones, but one had one bloom and the other two, looking at yours I know there is hope lol!! It was fun being part of the hop!

Debbie Mageed said...

What fun cards! I just love the variety of them all. The fish one is gorgeous!! Hope you have a wonderful and happy new year, Hilary!

Kath said...

A lovely selection of cards Hilary and a great variety of your designs too.
Kath x

Joanne said...

These are all so lovely! I love seeing all the different techniques you used and tried out too; I kept thinking "this is my favorite" and then I'd scroll a bit further and find another favorite!

Ellibelle said...

So many beauties here, Hilary! A wonderful assortment of unique cards! And I absolutely LOVE how you used the gel print background. I am struggling with my gelli plate and am so inspired to use it again after seeing your stunning October card!
I'm so glad you decided to join in the hop this year!!

Sara Lihz Staroska said...

Wonderful cards! That handpainted Christmas card is really stunning. :)

Kampin' Karen said...

My favorite is the one from March. The fish one is cool too!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards for your top picks of 2022, and your Christmas cactus is spectacular!

Rachel said...

Great cards! I especially like that succulent card. Your cactus is so pretty!

micki said...

Love the cards you shared for the 2022 year in review

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A fabulous selection of cards Hilary, love watching them all together. I think you didn't post some of them, or perhaps I missed your relative posts (or I have no more a good memory... LOL). For example, the super cute shaker card for your grandson, or the fabulous October card with the fun fishes.
There are always a lot of inspirations here, thank you!
Best wishes for a very Happy New Year!

Linda Fillds said...

WOW... such a great assortment of cards. Showcasing so many different styles. I totally love the card with the fish... so bright and colorful and fun.... thank you for sharing and have a happy crafty 2023

GerJanne said...

Wow Hilary! This gallery is stunning! Lovely to see all the cards .
I hope you will have a good tun of the year and a very good beginning!

Kathy Bolam said...

Love your colors and designs especially the two fish one. Thank you for sharing your talent and inspiration.

kiwimeskreations said...

these are beautiful Hilary - I think July was the one that stood out for me.
I have linked up at Ellie's blog
Blessings for 2023
Maxine

Juanita said...

Liked all the cards. Happy New Year.

Mummylade said...

Wonderful selection with such warm and vibrant colours!

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, I can't believe all the cards you've made that you hadn't shared - each one fabulous but I especially like your gorgeous, embossed succulent!
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous Christmas cactus - it is unbelievably prolific!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous cards, Hilary - such variety and lots of details! My fave is the fish card, stunning gelli print behind those darling fishies!! Happy New Year!!

Paperesse said...

What a beautiful creative year you've had! These are all stunning, but I especially like October.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh my word, I'm overwhelmed! I know it can be a bother to write a blog post, but these are treasures. Guess which one is my favorite... yes, the fishes! I can attest to how amazing that card is in person. The ink blending with silhouette is stunning, and I'm blown away by the 3D succulent with pencil coloring. The glass beads, your turnabout card... all of them! Happy new year, Hilary!

Leslie Miller said...

Oops! I forgot to thank you for sharing your Christmas cactus in full bloom! How beautiful it is, and what a lovely room. A perfect spot for your gorgeous Christmas tree, too. We did two Christmases this year and I'm exhausted!

Loll said...

WOW! Amazing card throughout the year Hilary! So much to look at and admire, my friend. And your Christmas cactus is AWESOME! xx

Susan Joyce said...

Happy New Year Hilary! Love your selection of cards from 2022, I love February and June's cards. Love the glass beads, I have tried to buy some in Australia, but no one stocks it, will have to keep looking.

Tina Z. said...

Happy New Year.
wow, I love these post, so much inspiration and different designs. I saved your post for my future inspiration, thank you so much.

Greta said...

So hard to pick favorites, but love yours--especially the Turnabout card!

Linby said...

I seem to have a missed a few of these beauties. I love how you used the Altenew EF with the green paper, not thought of doing that, so another thing to try. Also the handpainted card for your daughter is adorable.

Melissa Seplowitz said...

Such a great set of cards! Living in the desert, those succulent cards really speak to me. Gorgeous!!