Sunday 5 March 2023

We Love Stamping March Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

** Spring is in the air **

I must say, that even though it has been really very cold here recently, we have lots of daffodils coming into flower. They always cheer me up and are such a welcome sight that marks the end of winter and the start of spring. Wonderful, my mood lifts.


This is a new stamp set that I bought with a voucher that I got for Christmas. It is two step so you can stamp it in 2 different colours. I thought this lovely peachy colour has a spring like feel to it.


It is a very simple design, I cut the stamping with a plain circle die and added a couple of flowers that came with the coordinating die set.


The stamping was a tiny bit blotchy in places, but I think that was because my stamp was new. It gives a little texture to the overall effect so I didn't mind. I used perfect pearls for the flower centres and then managed to squash them before they were dry! It's a warts and all card today. There was a time when I would have re-done it, but not anymore. Life is too short.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prizes are from Penny Black. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 29th March

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
NBUS #48 - The hello wishes stamp is NBUS


Supplies:
Cardstock: Hunkydory adorable scorable coated card
Ink: Catherine Pooler bellini and garden party
Stamps: Concord & 9th Hello wishes stamp set and matching dies

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

brenda said...

A very pretty colour palette Hilary and nice matching set.

You asked about the rice paper, the patterns as you see are how it came, I sprayed with Oxide sprays and it takes on the colour really well and a ready made background.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A very sweet card with your new stamp set Hilary, and the matching envelope/insert give the usual your professional touch! Love the colours and that little branch of buds! Here it seems Spring is arrived, my loved freesias begin to bloom just today!
Have a lovely Sunday!

crafty-stamper said...

I love the colour and all the little stamps-really pretty.Our miniature daffs are in flower but no sign of the larger ones
Carol x

Mervi said...

Lovely tiny flowers, pretty colours, beautiful card;-))m

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very pretty and delicate design, those tiny flowers are so beautiful.
Lorraine

Linby said...

You chose a lovely stamp and your colours have made it into the perfect spring card.

Viv said...

These colours are so pretty Hilary! A fab spring make! x

Darnell said...

I like your squished flower centers, Hilary! It looks intentionally artsy. I think your springy peachy design is beautiful and well done doing the matching stamping! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

I love this peach and green combo and the cardstock base being just a teensy bit darker is perfect for setting off the flowers. That's great that it has a coordinating flower set because it's the perfect finishing touch. I don't see a problem at all with the Perfect Pearls flower centers being a bit squished. It looks meant to be. They take forever to dry.

Cat Craig said...

It is so definitely spring-y Hilary. Love the colors you chose.

Bonnie said...

I love this peach and green that truly says spring to me, Hilary! A beautiful card!

Ashwini Rao said...

A smile had to come out reading this one. Life is indeed too short.
But its still a beautiful card. The color, especially, looks gorgeous. And I love those teeny tiny flowers - so cute! Lovely card, Hilary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love this colour combination Hilary, a very beautiful card, I like the textured stamping too. I think anyone would be thrilled to receive the card. We have lovely daffodils too, and they certainly brighten the garden.
Faith x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a beautiful coloured creation Hilary and great with a matching envelope.
Hugs
Cathy
xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely palette of colours Hilary, and a gorgeous card
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

Just beautiful!! I love how you combined the little stamped flowers with the die cut flowers!!

Greta said...

What a sweet floral image & love the colors you chose! Great design with the circle & adding the coordinating flowers & leaves! I agree--life is too short & perfection is over-rated!

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely Spring card Hilary, I love it when the Spring bulbs pock their heads through... bit stinky humid here, still in our tropical wet season, Robyn

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty floral circle, Hilary - love the little die cut flowers with it too! I hear you about life being short - I'm trying to accept my cards however they come out too. Yours always look great!