Thursday 2 March 2023

February Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 34 card makers took part and I sent my card to Greta in Oregon.  I am pleased to say that it took it's time, but arrived on 28th Feb - phew!



I used the layout, the theme option of hearts and the product option of burlap.

I recently had a play with my alcohol inks on yupo paper and thought this red piece would work for this card. I also used it to inlay the tiny die cut pieces into the heart leaf and to cut the 2 small hearts in the bottom right hand corner.


The tiny heart cover plate was edged with an alcohol marker and mounted onto a pink card base.


Greta has recently undergone some surgery so I wanted to send her plenty of love, hoping it will aid her recovery. I am pleased to hear that you continue to recover well Greta.

I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Joanne  in California:

This little heart pops up when you open the card. It makes the whole thing even more special. Thanks Joanne.

If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Supplies:
Ink: Alcohol ink and mixatives
Dies: Heart leaf, Concord & 9th; tags, The Works; heart cover plate, Sunny Studio

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

20 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Nice use of the burlap! And I love all the hearts - the background, the little hearts in the front, and the upside down leaf as well - that's a cute one! A really sweet card, Hilary.

Viv said...

This is lovely Hilary! Your burlap behind the alco ink panel is just perfect.
And what a sweet card from Joanne too. x

Pia S said...

I think this style is so beautiful. Love the textured banner, the colors of your own made paper and the heart shaped leaf.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, goodness, your card is so pretty with all the little hearts in the background and the flags decorating the edge. I never remember to use burlap but I have a whole pad of burlap covered paper. Your alcohol ink background is perfect. The heart on the flags is cut from a piece just different enough to stand out. As always your creativity and attention to detail is showing. You received a darling card from Joanne. Very special on the inside, too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your take on the sketch, Hilary - the long banners really catch the eye and I love the alcohol ink print you created!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your design is a fabulous take of the sketch Hilary, and love so much the choice of the burlap with the red alcohol ink, as well that heart-shaped leaf.
Beautiful card from Joanne, and that popup heart inside is stunning!
Hugs

Angelnorth said...

Love the inlay on the heart leaf and the burlap adds a lovely touch of warmth, great card Hilary!

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
lovely take on the sketch!
And I think that heart leaf is wonderful!!

Arlene said...

I love the tiny heart cover plate behind the fishtail elements on your card. Wonderful colors and so much to see. Love it.

Claire said...

This is so pretty - love the rustic look and texture of the burlap and I'd now like that heart covered cover plate in my own stash!

papierelle said...

This is a very lovely card!!! I love the background and the overall design of the card.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great take on the sketch,love all the hearts and burlap banner.Love the cute pop-up card you received too
carol x

I Card Everyone said...

I hope the postal strike wasn't the reason for the holdup, Hilary - is it over?
Greta is very lucky to have your darling card and I'm sure she appreciates it very much!
Joanne's pop-up heart is so cute!
=]

Imke said...

Hilary, your card is super cute and sweet with all the hearts and also the color combi is great.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Bonnie said...

What a great card, Hilary! Love the alcohol ink pieces and the tiny heart background! I'm sure Greta is enjoying her card!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very pretty card following the sketch.
Lorraine

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Hilary. What a lovely background and I love the added texture of the burlap. xx

Linby said...

This is so lovely with the added texture and that sweet layered heart.

Greta said...

The absolutely best way to end the month of February was to open your wonderful card, Hilary! Every element is beautiful & love how you used the sketch! Thanks again!

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card for the CCC challenge. Hilary your use of the sketch and combined with the burlap and AI piece is beautifully done, Robyn