Saturday 18 March 2023

We Love Stamping March Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

**Spring is in the air **


Does this look familiar?
I think it should as it is my favourite turnabout stamp again. I tend to reach for this stamp when I need a birthday card and am struggling for inspiration. It is tried and tested and never fails me. It can look very different in different colour ways too.  See other examples herehere, and here.


I think the colours this time sum up spring for me. I have cut the panel out with a hemstitch circle die and mounted it onto a circle of embossed gold card. The background is another of my Catherine Pooler re-inkers on glossy cardstock.



And just to prove that this stamp is a winner for me, I have recently made another one. It seems that this layout is also one of my favourites. I looked back over the last few weeks on my blog and I found 3 others. Time for a change perhaps.


This one is for my sister in law who will be 70 tomorrow (19th March).



Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prizes are from Penny Black. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.


I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon on Wednesday the 29th March

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am sharing card 1 at:


I am sharing card 2 at:


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

25 comments:

Viv said...

These are so pretty Hilary, the colours do shout Spring (altho we had a monsoon of hailstones yesterday!) and that turnabout stamp looks to be really useful! x

brenda said...

I wondered how you did the background Hilary, so effective with the random feel to it and then the pretty focal design.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This turnabout stamp is really versatile Hilary, I can see how you want always use it! Love the spring colours, they look so cheerful!And the mirri layer under the circle in both the cards is a perfect choice. Love always so much your fresh background in the first card. I have to try this technique, the effect is very beautiful. Happy Birthday to your SIL!
Have a lovely weekend, here the sun shines and I have to plant seeds in the vegetable garden. It's a relaxing work!

Cindy C. said...

How very pretty?! Love the way you decorated the envelope too. Thanks for playing with us this March at Die Cut Divas.

Cat Craig said...

YOu do it perfectly too, which is no small task. I am hopeless at the turnabouts. Love these bold colors.

Mervi said...

Fabulous floral cards all, very special card with numbers, lovely;-))m

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I can say I sure have enjoyed your turnabout cards and had a look back at the others. This is a cute and versatile set as you've shown so well. I was thinking how you've done such a variety of designs with a circle as the focus, but I know how it's easy to return to a favorite. Nothing wrong with that. It looks different every time!

Linby said...

I've got a square floral turnabout that I didn't get on too well with, maybe I should give it a another go as yours looks so pretty. Love the colours you used on this one. The 70 looks really good on the second one too.

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards and love the results with your turnabout stamp-Happy birthday for tomorrow for your SIL
Carol x

Bonnie said...

Pretty spring colors, Hilary! Two more great cards using this turnaround stamp!

Christine Alexander said...

that turnabout stamp is so cool, I love all the colour combos :)

baileyrosy.com said...

If it ain't broke don't fix it! It is indeed a fantastic stamp and you have used it brilliantly. Fresh spring colours and a super layout no wonder it's your go to stamp. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment.

Marie

papierelle said...

Just beautiful!!! And the stamp can be used in many different ways and is also very changeable due to the different colors.

I Card Everyone said...

Keep them coming, Hilary! You are right about them each having their own personality depending on the ink colors used!
[psst - and I'll never tire of those hemstitched dies!]
Very pretty!
=]

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Very pretty cards Hilary and lovely colourways too.
Lorraine

KraftyKoolKat said...

I love the cards you have made with your favourite turnaround stamp, beautiful colours in both.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous mix of colors on your beautiful round stamping Hilary, I'm not familiar with a turnabout stamp?? - and wondering how you stamp all the different colors at once???! Love the 70 hiding in plain sight on your second card for your sister! and the lovely circle die cut! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational! Julia xx

Arlene said...

It is so nice to have a stamp that you can use over again with entirely different perspectives.

Lovely cards. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Anything Goes” challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

You certainly are getting the most from your turnabout stamp Hilary, and i am loving your different colourways with it
Blessings
Maxine

aussie aNNie said...

This is so lovely and love the design and stunning colours .xx

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
Yes, I recognized the stamp and I can imagine why you uses it when there's no inspiration. It's always a perfect card with this stamp. Both the cards are lovely!

Greta said...

That is a sweet turnabout stamp & I especially love the look of the 2nd card!

Anke said...

WOW Hilary your cards are so beautiful, very striking, fantastic art.

Hugs
Anke

Dotty Jo said...

What a sweet stamp - looks so pretty! Jo x

Catie Cuddles said...

Both superb cards. They are so pretty.
Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes with dies challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT
PS sorry I am so late commenting and visiting … it’s been a crazy month!