Sunday 7 May 2023

We Love Stamping May Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

** Anything Stamped or 'In The Garden'  **

I would like to welcome our guest designer this month: Chris from 'and here's one I made earlier'. I hope you get a chance to pay her a visit. Welcome Chris.


Whenever I have an 'in the garden' challenge it is always going to be flowers, so here we have gold heat embossed flowers coloured with metallic watercolour paints. Simple and dramatic. I found another stamp for the insert and envelope that I thought coordinated quite well.


I finished it off with 3 tiny sequins to add some more shine and to break up the harshness of the black centre. I am sorry you can't see the shine.


I enjoyed making this one, it was very satisfying.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize has been kindly donated by Craft Stash and consists of a Lisa Horton embossing folder and matching stencils. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 31st May

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
Happy Little Stampers May Watercolour Challenge - Anything goes with the option of flowers


Supplies:
Cardstock: Black watercolour card; Hunkydory adorable scorable coated card
Ink: Gansai Tambi gem colours
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Blooming Background; Spellbinders, loves me, loves me not
Dies: A6 scalloped edge stitched die
Other: Gold Heat embossing

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

26 comments:

brenda said...

So striking on the black base card Hilary and the metallic paint really shows the colour perfectly, as you rightly say dramatic.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Your card is so dramatic and so colourful despite the black, you used very well your Gansai Tambi watercolours, the flowers really pop!! I can image the shine IRL!! The gold embossing is perfect to add light, as well the sequins in the centre. A fabulous make.
Happy Sunday!

papierelle said...

We can imagine the shine very well and once again I am delighted with your card. The black background makes the colors pop and you feel like you're walking through a garden full of flowers!!!

Linby said...

This is just stunning and reminds me of the cover of a special copy of Pride and Prejudice that I have. Wonderful painting of all those flowers and the sequins are the perfect finishing touch.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What gorgeous metallics on the black with gold embossing, Hilary! Perfect with the scalloped edges and sweet sentiment!!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This looks amazing on the dark background, a stunning card.
Lorraine

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is very striking and dramatic Hilary as well as beautiful. Gorgeous work.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Loll said...

This is a "WOW" card Hilary!! Beautiful garden of flowers ... the metallic colours looks amazing on the black card base. Great work, my friend. xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW stunning card Hilary love the gold embossed flowers and metallic watercolouring very dramatic against the black
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is stunning Hilary, I love how those lovely flowers pop on the black card, I also admire your patience in colouring this intricate beautiful stamp.
Faith x

Chris said...

This is so beautiful, fabulous stamping and embossing, I love the effect of the metallic water-colours on the dark background.
It's a real honour to be GD for WLS this month, thank you so much for your lovely warm welcome.
xx

GerJanne said...

It's a jewel! (In Dutch we say that of things we think they are very special and beautiful...Is there in English a word like that. Some metaphor?)
I like the dark background and the flowers all over the card.

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, you did this so beautifully, Hilary! I can see the shine, but I know it's much more amazing in real life. What a wonderful stamp. You matched up the envelope and insert quite nicely, too. Glorious!

Bonnie said...

I love how the metallic colors look on black! Your garden is beautiful, Hilary!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous effect with the metallic paints on black, the colours really pop ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card, Hilary. It must have been so satisfying to paint
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

I know you tend your own garden as beautifully as you've painted this one, Hilary! Such gorgeous metallic water coloring on black!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous how those metallics show up on the black. So colorful and lovely.

Greta said...

I finally did use my metallic watercolors on black wc paper, but not on an image like this! That's a lot of painting, but you've inspired me to give it a try! Beautiful card!

Ashwini Rao said...

All that gorgeous metallic shine on so many little flowers should look spectacular! I'm just loving the effects on the back cardstock. Dramatic is really the right word! Gorgeous card, Hilary!

Mervi said...

Striking beauty! Gorgeous card, love it;-))m

AlisonC said...

This really caught my eye. The colours against the black are beautiful. And as I've just bought some metallic water colours I will have to have a go!

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a dynamic card I love the intensity of the colours and the beautiful stamping and colouring.

Marie

My Paper Epiphany said...

Totally stunning! Very inspiring:)

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous metallic watercolors painting, Hilary. Loved your choices of colors and black accents. Very elegant card, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

Lyn Bernatovich said...

I'll bet the metallic paints really jump on the black background! Beautiful! Thanks for playing at Happy Little Stampers May Watercolor Challenge. xoxo LynB