Tuesday 2 May 2023

April Card Chain Challenge

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 34 card makers took part and I sent my card to  Viv in UK. 

I struggled for inspiration this month so in the end I used the themes of spring and friendship, found some appropriate dies, and carried on playing with my hot foiling machine. The panel was foiled in silver, the tablecloth (hope it looks like a tablecloth) was also foiled in silver and then coloured with an alcohol marker, one of the tulips was foiled in green, the 'amazing' was cut from a piece of waste foiled card, the friend was foiled and coloured and the vase was also foiled and coloured. The other tulips were cut and coloured with metallic pens.


There is a stamp set that goes with the tulip dies, so I used that to stamp the insert and envelope.


I have no doubt that you will see a lot more foiling from me in the coming months. I have definitely taken to it, as if you hadn't already guessed!


I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Imke in Germany:

Thanks Imke, I love those sequins too.

If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

21 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Wow! the sparkle and shine must be amazing! I love all the different ways you've incorporated foil in this card - so dazzling! The tulips and the vase look especially pretty. Love this card, Hilary!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A very cheerful card, love so much the elegant foiled panel, it works really well with the little scene! The vase is very beautiful too, and such clever choice using metallic pens to match all the foiled tulips! The clear drops finish the card perfectly!
Hugs

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

You went all out with the foiling, Hilary - love this! And your little table cloth works so well for your spring vase!!

Julia Aston said...

What a plethora of foiling you did on your lovely card Hilary! I recently bought a foiling machine all excited and gung ho - and promptly put it on the shelf to try another day - I MUST get it out!! I bet this REALLY shines IRL. I love your design with the table and vase of tulips! Julia xx

Angelnorth said...

Lovely cheerful spring card, I bet all the foiling has a lovely glimmer IRL! The tablecloth has a sort of damask feel to it with the foil sheen. Great CCC card Hilary!

brenda said...

You are really showcasing lots of lovely cad using your foiling machine Hilary, this is another pretty card with a definite Spring feel. Your Bluebell wood sounds lovely.

B x

Loll said...

The card to sent to Viv is gorgeous, Hilary! I LOVE all the shine from the foiled elements, along with the bright colours for the alcohol markers. This card is shouting to us that Spring is Here!! :) xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Spring card ,love the die-cut flowers and little tablecloth.Pretty friendship card from Imke too
Carol x

Viv said...

I was sooooo happy when I opened your envelope Hilary! Love everything about this shiny bright happy card and thank you. x

GerJanne said...

It's a lovely card with the tulips! I can't see your inspiration was away for the holiday ;-) So nice to make an enveloppe too!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Another super pretty card using your foiling machine. Lots of gorgeous elements in this design.
Lorraine

Bonnie said...

Your tulips are so pretty, Hilary, and so is the vase! Love how you've used the foiling with them!

papierelle said...

What I particularly like about your card is that you not only put the tulips in the vase, but also placed one next to it. That makes the card special.

kiwimeskreations said...

Hilary you card is stunning... loving the foiling, and the added shimmer and elegance it gives
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

You certainly have had more success with foiling than I had when starting out, Hilary! This is fantastic!
I love the sentiment on Imke's sweet card!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is gorgeous Hilary, I love the embossed background and the pretty tablecloth a wonderful "foil" for your beautiful tulips and lovely vase. Beautifully put together.
Faith x

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely! Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Hilary, Jo x

Linby said...

A lovely design. I particularly like how you laid one of the tulips down.

Robyn Oliver said...

A lovely card Hilary... I had a block too with the CCC elements and yes went for Spring too, have a lovely day Robyn

Leslie Miller said...

It absolutely does look like a tablecloth, Hilary, or maybe even an engraved and painted table top. I appears to me there is a lot of enjoyment in the making of this card. At least I hope so. The tulips and vase are pretty and with the touch of whimsy I find so appealing. You're an expert with the foiling and I'll be happy to see lots more of it. The sentiment on Imke's pretty card is very meaningful and it touches my heart. I'm so grateful for my friends.

Greta said...

Foiling is such a beautiful element & boy have you taken to it! Such a beautiful card!