Thursday 18 May 2023

We Love Stamping May Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

**Anything Stamped with the option of In The Garden**

As I said last time, if the theme is in the garden, it will be flowers every time for me.


My image was stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured with watercolour pens and a wet brush. The image was cut with the matching die and mounted on one of my gelli plate backgrounds. I have quite a pile of these at the moment having spent some time experimenting. This one is made using scrunched up deli paper.


The sentiment was foiled and the edges rounded


I enjoyed making this so much that I made another. This time the background is the scrunched up deli paper. I finished them both with a few sequins.


Which is your favourite?

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize has been kindly donated by Craft Stash and consists of a Lisa Horton embossing folder and matching stencils. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 31st May

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
Triple B May Challenge: I am linking up card 2


Supplies:
Cardstock: Various
Ink: Acrylic paint for backgrounds; Zig clean colour real brush pens for the flowers
Stamps: Tonic Studios 3717e Heartfelt Coursage
Dies: Matching die; stitched rectangle

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

23 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow Hilary, both your gelli plate background on the the scrunched paper are just fabulous and enhance perfectly the amazing flowers!! Your watercolouring looks just perfect and love very much the vibrancy of your creations!!
Hugs

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary your cards are equally stunning! LOve the deep colors of your blooms [beautifully colored btw] with the drama of your backgrounds - really wonderful gelli plate work!
=]

Mervi said...

Fabulous backgrounds, gorgeous flowers. It's a lovely card Hilary;-))m

Linby said...

Great idea to use the scrunched paper - it's very effective. I love the colours on the first card, then when I scrolled down, I loved that one too!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards and backgrounds love the scrunched paper technique and beautifully watercoloured flowers
carol x

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Hilary. LOVE the texture design of your gelli plate backgrounds. Both colour combinations are gorgeous! And those flowers ... beautifully coloured, my friend. xx

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
It's a lovely card and the background is splendid!
I love your envelopes! Every time when I see this at your blog, I think: next time I will make envelopes in the same style as the cards...And if course I forget it...

Bonnie said...

Two pretty cards, Hilary! Gorgeous flowers!

Cat Craig said...

The gelli backdrops are fabulous and your watercolored blooms look great.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - love your gelli prints, Hilary - perfect for those flower clusters! Both are so gorgeous but I favor the one with hints of purple :)

brenda said...

Beautifully vibrant Hilary.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

These are both beautiful, Hilary. Loving the backgrounds you created, and the large floral image over them is a fabulous one
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

Both cards are so beautiful and the backgrounds fits perfectly!!

Ashwini Rao said...

Oooh, these are nice! I love the look of the scrunched up colored deli paper. Absolutely stunning background. The flowers, of course, look gorgeous and your coloring is awesome (as usual!).

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning cards Hilary, I love your gelli backgrounds and your beautiful colouring of the flowers. Couldn't decide on a favourite, both are too lovely. Love the matching envelope too.
Faith x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely backgrounds and beautiful, bright colours on these cards.
Lorraine

Darlene said...

Oh Hilary ... these are just GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lisa said...

I am in awe of the amazing coloring on both cards. Really beautiful job.

Julia Aston said...

Both cards are beautiful gardens Hilary. Love both the backgrounds you created! Julia xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful background and love the flowers ♥

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow! Both are amazing! Great idea to use the Gelliplate backgrounds!

nancy littrell said...

Two beautifully stamped cards, Hilary. I love your beautiful backgrounds and stamped flowers. I think the 2nd card is my favorite because the background colors are more of a contrast so your gorgeous flowers pop more. But both cards are beauties. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Greta said...

What beautiful cards! I still haven't opened the gelli plate I was given years ago, but you make me want to try using it!