Saturday 2 March 2024

February Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 32 card makers took part and I sent my card to Julia in USA.

 I used the theme option of flowers and friendship and the product options of stencil and twine.



I bought this set of layering stencils by Spellbinders in their December sale and have enjoyed using them, although you do need to do some masking if you want the leaves and stems to be green. There are 4 stencils in the set. I started out thinking I would also use the 3 colour options this month, but that went out of the window as I realised I was going to use more than 3 colours.


I used Catherine Pooler inks and coloured the edges of the mat in blue (something borrowed). I finished it off by adding two twine bows and some silver embellishments. 

I was very pleased to hear from Julia that it arrived within a week. That is so much quicker than my recent experience of sending mail to The States. This time I added the customs form to the back of the envelope. If there was only a card in the envelope I hadn't been including the form. I am wondering if that is a mistake, so I will be including it from now on and we will see if it speeds things up.


I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Joanne in the UK

If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

21 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a gorgeous stenciled panel, Hilary!! Love the scalloped edges and the twine bows too!!

Angelnorth said...

Lovely use of the layered stencil Hilary, the card makes for think of old carnival rides for some reason! You managed to capture the yellow on my card better than I did, thanks for that!

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful stencil and gorgeous card!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Gorgeous and so cheerful card Hilary, love the 3D effect of the stencil and those cute twine bow with the gems! It's a very vibrant card!
Hugs

Gail said...

WOW
What a bright and cheerful card!

Liz said...

Beautiful card Hilary, the stencilling is fabulous. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful colourful card Hilary,love the fabulous stencil and great masking -beautiful card from Joanne too.
Carol x

Julia Aston said...

I was thrilled to receive this beautiful stenciled card from you this month Hilary! What a lovely mix of colors, pretty scalloped edge and blue panel over the white base - the twine bows are a lovely decorative touch as well! Julia xx

Jules said...

Hi Hilary
What a fabulous card!
I love all the stencil work. It looks quite intricate but I bet it was fun to do.
Great colour choices.
You received a great card from Joanne too!
Lovely inspiration from both of you.
Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

Pretty stenciling, layout and framing! I know that Julia is enjoying this, Hilary!

kiwimeskreations said...

Two beautiful cards Hilary... I love the cheerful colours you used on yours, and the wee twine bows and silver accents finished it beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
Julia had got a beautiful card from your hand! And I read she is very happy with it. You have received a winderful card too, with a great sentiment!

papierelle said...

Such a cheerful card that certainly brought a lot of joy.

Dotty Jo said...

What a stunner! Your card is so cheery and beautifully created. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Hilary. Big hugs, Jo x

Arlene said...

Such a fun and cheery card.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Hilary, this is the most amazing and colorful piece of stencil work imaginable. I'm looking at it closely and getting a feel for how carefully you inked each detail. No easy task. I absolutely love your colors. I know Julia was thrilled to receive it. Thank you for also sharing the pretty flower card you received from Joanne. The quote is most beautiful.

Christine Alexander said...

Layering stencils are so pretty. I love the colours you used with this one ♥

Greta said...

Fun stencil set and pretty colors for your CCC card!

Loll said...

LOVE your gorgeous stenciled flowers with large sentiment, Hilary! Great colours! xx

Linby said...

This is a beautiful stencil set and your colours really make for a bright and pretty cheerful card.

Maria said...

A beautiful bright card, so pretty!!