Sunday 7 April 2024

We love Stamping April Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping
Each month a member of the design team will be selecting a theme to reflect their own individual style of crafting or favourite themes. On the remaining months we will continue as before with a general theme along with an anything goes option, as previously.

Alice has chosen our theme this month:

** Spring or Anything Goes **

I would like to welcome our guest designer Anne. I hope you get a chance to visit her.

As this months theme is spring I got out my Uniko tulip stamp set. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do, but I chose a piece of hot pressed (smooth) water colour paper to stamp my tulips on. Then I decided to do an ink blended background with some soft background stamping so I masked my tulips and got to work on the background with various stamps and inks.


When I was happy with the background I painted my tulips with my Zig real brush water colours pens.


The sentiment was stamped and clear heat embossed. I then cut the panel with the scallop die and mounted it on a green mat that I had coloured with the green ink I used on the background. I think it was Catherine Pooler grass skirt. The panel was then mounted on a green card base (Hunkydory adorable scorable mattastic).


I keep wondering whether I should have put some sequins or gems on this. I think I will finally decide when I know who I am sending it to.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize if from ALL and CREATE. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? I have used ALL & Create stamp #362 (the splodges) on my background. The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is seen somewhere on your card front, it no longer needs to be the main focus. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 3rd April.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

35 comments:

brenda said...

Beautiful vibrant Tulips Hilary and the graduated background works perfectly to let them pop off the page.

B x

papierelle said...

I also have tulips in this color in my garden and currently also in my vases. Beautiful, just like your card!!!

GerJanne said...

Lovely card as a designer. Evert m oknth I think: iets join them in the challenge and before I know, the month is running away.....

Linby said...

I love how vibrant this is and that gorgeous background is a work of art in itself.

coldwaters2 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Hilary those Tulips are so vibrant I also love that background it is perfect for the flower image
hugs
lolo x

KraftyKoolKat said...

I love the really rich colour of these tulips. They look like I could lean over and pick them off of the card.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Absolutely love this card and your "follow the flow" has had a fabulous result, such amazing background came out!! The tulips by Uniko are very beautiful and really vibrant with their purple tones and those wonderfully coloured leaves! I have to improve my skills with watercolour pens, I tend to go on the image too many times and so I ruin the paper.
Love the sentiment you choose, too!
Hugs

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous tulips, Hilary, and I especially love the background you've created for them - stunning!!

Pauline C said...

Beautiful vibrant spring tulip Hilary with wonderful background detail. Love the Uniko sentiment too
Pauline xx

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, your masking really is wonderful here - and makes this card more mail-friendly, too! Fabulous background!
=]

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and background,love the vibrant coloured beautiful tulips.
Carol x

Bonnie said...

Beautiful tulips, Hilary, and what a great job of masking and background you have done!

Christine Alexander said...

Absolutely gorgeous background with all the stamping and blending. Amazing tulips xx

Bonnie said...

Oh, those colors. So vibrant when they to sing loudly and soft when they are the supporting actors.

Sarn said...

I think it looks lovely just as it is . . . although if the recipient loves bling . . . then you could add extra sequins/gems.
A very pretty Spring card xxx

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card with tulips.
Happy belated birthday!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous, bold colours on this card Hilary, I love it.
Lorraine

Ashwini Rao said...

I have the same stamp set and I did consider using this lately for one of the last DT work I had, with the same Spring theme - but I didn't in the end. If I had, that would have been fun!!
I do love the work you've done on the background and the tulips too. The card is just looking gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Your tulips are just beautiful with the touches of light and dark bringing so much life to them. You've done an amazing job of masking in order to create such an interesting background, too. I have a hard time deciding about embellishments, but I'm sure it will come to you at some point.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A very impressive bunch of tulips, beautifully shown off, and I love the sentiment. A Gorgeous card. x

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous tulips, Hilary and the background is fab too.

kiwimeskreations said...

Looooooove this Hilary - you made a stunning background with the ink blending and stamping - it really shows off the tulips beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

Maria said...

What gorgeous color on the tulips, so pretty! Fabulous background, too!

Angelnorth said...

Love the vivid purple Hilary and your background came out beautifully. I think it looks perfect without gems or sequins, the background has plenty of interest and the tulips carry the starring role, no problem.

Lisa said...

our card captures the essence of spring beautifully with the Uniko tulip stamp set and the ink-blended background. The soft colors and delicate details truly evoke the feeling of the season. Adding sequins or gems could add a touch of sparkle, but the card looks stunning as it is!

Loll said...

Beautiful Spring card, Hilary. LOVE the gorgeous background with your sponging and stamping. Those tulips are glorious! The colours are so vibrant ... such a happy card! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutley stunning love the colours chosen x

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the vibrant colours Hilary and that background is amazing! Vicky x

PS. Thanks for your die-cutting bubble wrap tip - must try that!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Darnell said...

I think there are so many wonderful eye-appealing details on this beautiful tulip card without the sequints, Hilary! The background is a pretty work of art by itself and your painting of the tulips is fabulous!📌 Hugs, Darnell

EmmaT said...

Beautiful card

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love that wonderful background and the beautiful tulips 🌷

Greta said...

You made a really beautiful background for your tulips, Hilary! And wow--what great coloring with the Zigs!