Thursday 18 April 2024

We Love Stamping April Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where we love to see you using your stamps. 

This year the design team will all be selecting a monthly option to reflect their own individual style of crafting or favourite themes. On the remaining months we will continue as before with a general theme along with an anything goes option, as previously.

Alice has chosen our theme this month:

** Spring or Anything Goes**


Don't you love hyacinths in the spring? I know I do. I found this little stamp in my stash. It is part of a set that came with a magazine a long time ago. I stamped and heat embossed the image before colouring it with alcohol markers.

I decided to use my Spellbinders hemstitch rectangle dies to frame it. I used one of the green pens to colour under the little square holes. In retrospect, I think I should have inlaid each frame for a neater finish, but I wasn't about to do it again, so it stays as it is.


The sentiment and label die are part of the same set. It was stamped and heat embossed too. I am happy with the finished look though. Hope you like it too. Can you almost smell it? Hope so.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize if from ALL and CREATE.  Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure that stamping (including digi) is featured somewhere your card. Please also let us know what products you have used. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 1st May.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

29 comments:

brenda said...

Really effective matting and layering Hilary, draws the eye into the focal Hyacinth.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

This is so beautiful Hilary I love how you have matted and layered then placed the image on I love Hyacinths I bought some before Easter and the smell was to die for a superb Spring creation
hugs
lolo x

Linby said...

Your matting with the dies is so effective, makes me want to try something with a set I have. You would need the patience of a saint to inlay all those squares though! It's a great frame for the pretty hyacinth.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great colouring and love the layered frames, to me the green under the holes is perfect, I thought it was paper. I have that die set, it's very elegant and perfect to enhance your gorgeous hyacinth so beautifully coloured, I can smell it :)


Sorry I cancelled my previous comment, but a part of it was for another person! When I'm in hurry I often make mistakes!
Hugs

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Hilary. I love the way you have framed this beautiful Hyacinth, the green really lifts it off of the card.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Jeanne H said...

A great card...love the colors. TFS

Pauline C said...

Another gorgeous spring card Hilary, beautiful hyacinth image and gorgeous layering.
Pauline xx

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve Hyacinths, Hilary! They are the dominant fragrance in any nursery! Such a pretty card - aren't you lucky to have it?
=]

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Spring card Hilary,love the beautiful Hyacinthand die-cut layers very effective.
Carol x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty flowers, Hilary & I love the layered hemstitched frames - such fun dimension, so no inlaying needed in my mind, although that would be lovely too!!

GerJanne said...

It's a lovely reminder for the challenge! And the frames are beautiful too!
Every month I hope to join you, and every time I'm too late!

kiwimeskreations said...

A gorgeous image, beautifully coloured, and the multiple layers of framing certainly takes the eye straight to it - a stunning piece of work Hilary.
BLessings
Maxine

Ashwini Rao said...

Love the design you've created with the nesting dies. But did you really think of inlaying each piece? I am shocked - I would definitely not have the patience for that!! :D
The flower image is lovely and adding the sentiment on the name tag (?) die cut - I love that! :)

Lisa said...

Your card captures the essence of spring beautifully! The hyacinth stamp is charming, and the vibrant colors you chose really bring it to life. The hemstitch rectangle frame adds a lovely touch of elegance, and I agree that the finished look is absolutely delightful.

Leslie Miller said...

Hyacinths do have such a wonderful scent. Daffodils, too. It pays to get up close and personal with flowers so you can fully enjoy them. This single flower is as sweet and pretty as can be in the center of your framing. You did such a flawless job of coloring in all those tiny spaces! I love the little stake for the sentiment. Cute!

Cat Craig said...

Quite lovely, the hemstitch layers add lovely interest and texture to your sweet hyacinths.

Bonnie said...

A hyacinth definitely says spring to me! So pretty, Hilary and beautifully framed!

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous card, love the nesting dies. Sadly im allergic to hyacinths but love seeing them here in paper form:-) Emma

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Hilary, this is gorgeous, I love the green popping through the die cuts, the hyacinth is so beautiful in its blues. A real standout card methinks. x

Christine Alexander said...

wow, gorgeous layering and framing around your hyacinth xx

papierelle said...

You gave the hyacinth a very special setting.

Mervi said...

Gorgeous layering, beautiful image and colouring.
Love seeing hyacints, but my nose don't like them;-))m

Viv said...

How lovely this is Hilary, the matting and layering really draws you in to the hyacinth. Love the scent from hyacinths - I have a few in a pot just outside the door and the smell was heavenly! x

Greta said...

Beautifully colored image, Hilary! I like how you used the frames, but inlaid would also be a great look!

Open Your Heart to Gardening said...

I like the colors and you did great.

Maria said...

What a lovely hyacinth flower image colored beautifully! Love the hemstitch rectangle die frames, too!

aussie aNNie said...

It's a beautiful creation and so effective in colour and design x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful mats and layers for this sweet card.
Lorraine