Friday 12 June 2020

CCC Game 1

Hello, 
Today I am joining in the celebrations over at The Card Chain Challenge where they are celebrating the sending (and receiving) of over 3000 cards. We have been asked to share a bit about ourselves and the first time we joined the challenge so here goes:

I first joined the CCC in August 2018 and have taken part every month since. As the challenge has been going for around 10yrs I am definitely still quite new to it. I live in a small riverside town in the county of Suffolk UK and feel very privileged to live in a nice house within walking distance of the beautiful river Deben. I came to card making after I retired from a career in the NHS and I have to say that it is a hobby that has really helped me, not only to find that I have a creative side, but also to concentrate my mind and keep those nagging negative thoughts, that have a habit of creeping into my head, at bay. This wonderful hobby, my walking and my garden succeed in keeping me happy and healthy. Oh, and of course I mustn't forget my husband, two daughters and 3 grandchildren. Neither of my daughters live very near so I don't see them, or my grandchildren that often, and even less often now we are restricted due to Covid 19 of course.

This is the card I sent to Linda in Michigan in August 2018:


You can find the reveal post from that month here. It shows all the cards sent and received that month so you will see the card that I received from Dee in Kenya.

Most months when I write my CCC post I remark on how this is my favourite challenge because you always get a prize, and it might come from anywhere in the world. That prize, of course, is a beautiful handmade card. It is always better to see them in real life than in a picture on a blog. I also find it really encouraging to know that there are people just like me crafting away happily at home all over the world.

 Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

xx

8 comments:

Cat Craig said...

So glad you joined in at the CCC!

Tina Z. said...

This is such a beautiful post to read, thank you for sharing.
Yes, it is quite incredible, how many creative and nice people we meet in our crafty world.
crafty hugs xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Thanks for sharing your story Hilary.. lovely card too and I agree card making has been a big help to me too, carting my gear around as we've moved about the country with hubby's job over the past 15 years but happy to say I'm all settled now with an overflowing space of my own.. I'm lucky to live near our two adult kids and our gorgeous 2 grand daughters... stay safe, hugs Robyn

Diane said...

Love the colors, background a fun design Hilary. Thanks for sharing your story.

Hugs Diane

brenda said...

That's an awful lot of cards to circulate Hilary but a great way to celebrate and your card for the occasion is so very cheery in those bold colours.

I have no idea you were in our neck of the woods, well I mean East Anglia.

B x

Mac Mable said...

Enjoyed reading your post Hilary and what a happy card x.

Suzanne H said...

Thanks for sharing your story. It is fun to receive a card from someone. I guess that's why that call it "happy mail". I love the colors an pattern on this card. So cheery!

Jeanne H said...

Indeed, the pattern on your card is so eye-catching. I bet if you wanted, you could re-do in black and red and make a checker board card for a guy. I too love being a part of CCC.