Tuesday 2 June 2020

May CCC Reveal



Hello,
Today is the 2nd June which means it is reveal day for May's Card Chain Challenge, but it is also an extra special day because the challenge is celebrating 3000 card exchanges since it started. Wow, that's so impressive. To celebrate there is a special blog hop and games with prizes. To take part just follow the Card Chain Challenge Blog.



For my card this month I used the sketch as my inspiration.


This is the card that I eventually came up with:


For some reason it took me a while to come up with this and I am not sure why I chose these rather muted and dull colours, perhaps it was my mood at the time. The deep red panel is a piece of coloured vellum embossed in a 3d embossing folder. I really like the effect and texture that this embossing folder gives. The little flowers are layered die cuts and the edges are washi tape. The card is brightened up a bit by the sentiment and flower petals that are die cut using red mirri card.


I have taken to adding inserts and decorating the envelope of my cards so I found a co-ordinating flower and leaf stamp and decorated them. The picture shows front of the envelope. I do rather like the fact that this card can be displayed in portrait or landscape depending on your preference.

This card was sent to the lovely Mia in Greece.

I received this beauty from Betty in Nebraska.


Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to take part in the celebrations.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

25 comments:

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary!
We used the same sketch and it's still so different. I think thats always so nice to see. Your card is peaceful in one way.

crafty-stamper said...

The colours may be muted but they look great together love the flowers and arrow sentiment and actually when you click on the pic the colours look slightly lighter too so may be a case of looks better in real life
Carol x

ionabunny said...

Hi Hilary, I love these colours. They might just pop up in a future CCC option LOL. Great use of the sketch and fab textures. It's a lovely card. Hugz

brenda said...

Great colour palette Hilary and even with the flowers I think could be a masculine card.

B x

Suzanne H said...

I'd love to learn how you embossed your vellum without it breaking. I love the addition of the mirri it really pops in the picture.

HilaryJane said...

I put it through my BigShot Plus machine with a sandwich that gave the lightest pressure. I think I used plates A & B plus a rubber shim and the folder. That's all it took.

Betty said...

wonderful card, Hilary - and loved sending you a card!

Dotty Jo said...

You embossed vellum? You are my hero! I have a very aged Cuttlebug and it just won't do vellum at all. Thanks for being a lovely link in our CCC chain - so glad you found us, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Its a lovely card Hilary. I like the sentiment positioning and that it reads well in either portrait or landscape orientation.

Mia said...

Thank you so much for this gorgeous card, Hilary. Deep red and all greens are my favourite colors! I simply LOVE this card! Hugs and kisses, my dear friend.

Mia said...

Hilary, forgot to mention how beautiful is the card you received! Kisses!

Robyn Oliver said...

A wonderful card Hilary, using the sketch and I'm sure the colours look fabulous too.. whoop whoop to us all for celebrating 3000 CCC cards make and sent, stay safe Robyn

Greta said...

That is so cool that it can be portrait or landscape! I love the colors you used, Hilary--pretty card!

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful design here and gorgeous card you received..Following you now.xx

papierelle said...

You dared to do the sketch. I had no idea this time, but you did a great job again.

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks so much for your visit and following.xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I'd call these colors rich, Hilary - they look amazing!! Love the layered flowers and that fun hello sentiment in the metallic!!

Kath said...

A lovely CCC card and a great take on the sketch.
Kath x

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous colour combination and a great take on the sketch Hilary x.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the embossed design and the layering! Very pretty card!

Helen Gullett said...

Such a sweet and beautiful card. Great take on the sketch challenge!

Suze said...

This is lovely. I rather like the colour scheme as it reminds me of the autumn colours which are so gorgeous.

Angelnorth said...

The reflective detail of a mirri card and the fact you can choose portrait or landscape make this really special Hilary - great card!

Janis said...

Oh, this is neat that you can view the card in either direction. I love the metallic accents of the diecuts. Great idea decorating the envelope with a coordinating stamp, too!
I am new to CCC and am looking fwd to participating and getting acquainted with everyone!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Tina Z. said...

wow, such different design and I love the colour choice!