Monday 22 June 2020

CCC Game 4

Hello,
Today I am back again playing Game 4 over at the Card Chain Challenge where the month of June is being spent in celebration of the sending and receiving of over 3,000 cards worldwide. Game 4 is asking us to share the favourite card that we have received. I was hoping we wouldn't be asked that as it is very very hard to do. I have decided to take my lead from Robyn and post pictures of all the cards I have received since I started taking part in the challenge in August 2018.

2018
2019
2020

I have decided to highlight one very special card that I received from Jerrie Mead in March 2019. I don't know much about Jerrie's story except that she was an exceptional card maker despite having problems with her vision, and that she sadly died in May 2019 just a few weeks after sending me this card. I therefore think she deserves to be remembered here. Her card is really stunning and it is my favourite.


3000 CARDS BLOG HOP

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

 xx

12 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection no wonder you couldn't choose-but very nice thought that you spotlighted your last card from Jerrie
Carol x

Dotty Jo said...

What a lovely post, Hilary. I love your tribute to Jerrie too - so sweet and kind, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

How fabulous!

Betty said...

how fun to see all of your cards - there's no way i could ever pick out a favorite of mine - and when i was compiling the pics of cards i had sent i saw Jerrie's name several times and fondly remembered her.

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely fabulous show piece here Hilary, love the that you made a tribute to a friend.xx

Robyn Oliver said...

What a lovely post Hilary, gorgeous display of CCC cards received and love that you've remembering Jerrie on this special occasion...hugs and stay safe Robyn ps I see you've been that you have been participating since Aug 2028??? lol

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
SO nice to read and to see all the cards! I've sent four cards now and received three..SO there's not much to tell and show...

Greta said...

How special to share that gorgeous card Jerrie made & sent to you. So sad to loose friends even though we only know them through our cardmaking hobby. You're clearly more organized than I am as all the cards I receive end up together in boxes & I'd never be able to pull out which were for CCC. Fun to see the great variety you've received, Hilary!

I Card Everyone said...

What a wonderful program this is, Hilary! All those cards from all parts of the world? Just fabulous... thanks for sharing Jerrie with those of us who didn't know her. Her card, and friendship, will always be with you.
=]

Bonnie said...

A wonderful collection of beautiful cards and a very special card from a special lady!

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for shairng these beauties Hilary and what a special card from Jerrie x.

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Such a wonderful collection!!
Take care - Be safe
Hugs from your new follower from N-Norway