Saturday 13 June 2020

Repeat Repeat Repeat

Hello, 
Today I am sharing a card that I made on the spur of the moment when I really should have been doing something else! At least it means that I have used a stamp set that I recently acquired by Taylored Expressions called posh posies.

The design was inspired by this months Day of the Month Card Club where it is repeat day. The colours were inspired by The Flower Challenge #45 where the colours are navy plus one other. I do of course have white too so I hope that's allowed and my flower is very stylised, but it is still a flower.

As you can see I have repeated virtually everything on this card!





 As the flower stamp is NBUS I am also sharing at NBUS #15

Unser Logo zum Mitnehmen! / Our logo to take away! 

To finish today I thought I would share a few pictures of my rambling roses, which are in flower and smelling wonderful at the moment. It is important to appreciate them as they only flower for 2 weeks once a year and the rest of the year I spend hours pruning them to keep them in hand. I have considered getting rid of them but they are just so amazing at flowering time. I have 2 one each side of the garden. If you look closely you will see a few of my succulent pots too.




Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 
xx

15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a lovely post! Your card is gorgeous and I especially like the scoring. Your garden looks beautiful and I I spotted your succulents as I have a growing collection myself, Jo x

Jeanne H said...

You do have a lovely yard. Lucky you. I'm glad you are part of CCC and I like your stylized card.

Rosmarie said...

Danube Blue and Tangelo, what a beautiful colour combination! I just love these stylized blooms! ...they make me think of cornflowers. Gorgeous card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DotMCC! ...and thank you also for the view into your beautiful garden! Rosi x

Viv said...

Lovely colour combo Hilary and a great card. Beautiful roses. We had a white rambler in the garden where I grew up - my Mum loved to cut the blooms and bring them in when it flowered - your pics brought back a lovely memory. x

Christine Alexander said...

Great card, love all the repeating images :)
your garden looks wonderful with the roses, worth all the work :)

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, fantastic colours too Hilary. Your rambling roses are divine, I have a couple and they just go crazy with so many flowers on them....hugs.x

I Card Everyone said...

thank YOU, Hilary, for this spur of the moment card! I like those sweet blooms - they remind me of Allium!
Where have I been that I didn't know succulents could be left outside? You must bring them in for the Winter, right? Gorgeous rambling roses - I can only imagine how fragrant your garden is!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love your lollypop flowers, Hilary! They're so crisp and pretty in the navy color! All your repeats are lined up perfectly!

Vicky Hayes said...

You've described exactly what I do Hilary - I'll be in the middle of a chore and I suddenly get an idea which I think I'll just QUICKLY make...!!! Your card is gorgeous. I love the scoring details and the repeats of everything and those stylised flowers look amazing on their inky background. I have two fabulously fragrant ramblers in my tiny garden, one of which behaves perfectly and blooms twice, the other (a Rambling Rector!) which is very badly behaved indeed! When they're in full bloom though, the scent of them nearly knocks you out so I forgive the Rambling Rector every year! Vicky x

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful repeat stamping on your gorgeous card Hilary and those rambling roses look so pretty and worth the effort for even 2 weeks of the year x.

Cat Craig said...

love your trio of blue blooms, perfect for the challenges. Your roses are gorgeous and I can just imagine how lovely they smell.

Darnell said...

Your posies look very beautiful in blue, Hilary, and I love the wispy blending you did in the background! The repeated score lines and thank you sediments are inspired to complete the design! Thank you for sharing the gorgeous photos of your captivating rambling roses that bloom only two weeks a year and fill the air with perfume. Amazing! I also enjoyed seeing all your succulents in pots! Keep well and thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a fun card! I love those spur of the moment creations:) The embossed lines make for an elegant card!

papierelle said...

Your card is beautiful and I like the design!! Thank you for sharing with us at DotMcc.
Thank you too for the little view in your garden!! Hugs Gundi

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I am so glad we inspired you to make this beautiful card - love those score lines, they add so much! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the DotMCC challenge. Hugs, Cornelia