Wednesday 13 October 2021

Emboss Twice

Every month I intend to enter the let's squash It challenge and every month I fail. They are now on challenge 13 and I think I have only entered once. That's not a very good record, but today I do have an entry. I hope you like it.


I embossed a white card panel for a different card, you will have to wait a bit to see that, but I managed to get a smudge of ink on it so it was useless for that card. That was my opportunity to transform the panel by heat embossing the raised leaves and ink blending the background. I really enjoyed doing it as it transformed the panel and I love the look.

The skeleton leaf die cut was also heat embossed with a sparkly embossing powder. I did several coats to get a good coverage. The sentiment was also stamped and heat embossed on a white die cut that I had inked in the same way. I matted the embossed panel on some matching glitter paper for an extra bit of sparkle, unfortunately the pictures don't really do it justice.




I am going on a train trip to London tomorrow, my first for a very long time. I am feeling quite excited, but I hope the train isn't too busy. Funny how such small things can be so exciting these days!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Plain white card
Ink: Distress ink, tea dye and crushed olive
Other: Wow embossing powder, metallic gold rich, hot gossip
Stamps: Free from magazine
Dies: Free from magazine

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 


22 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and background love all the beautiful embossing.Enjoy your train trip tomorrow
Carol x

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is stunning, Hilary! I love how you coloured the card too. So glad you've managed to join the challenge, Jo x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary that card looks gorgeous those embossed leaves look amazing a super, super make
hugs
lorraine x

Marianne said...

A fab creation, Hilary. Love the warm colours. And well done on saving your card panel and joining the challenge. I'm in the same situation as you, intending to play along and never managing. Maybe this time, I'll manage to join the fun too. Enjoy your trip to London. Do stay safe!
Marianne x

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
it seems to be my message! Many challenges, less time. However, you did a great job with this card and the embossing on the embossing. It's a beauty.
I hop you will have a good trip to London. I love that city. Was there 3 times. When I was 16 with my parents, when our eldest was there for his sy=tudy in the hotel near by the Towerbridge... what 's the name? I think the Tower Hotel. And Peter has had his Masters degree at the university of Greenwich! It was a adventure!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and all the texture♥
I know what you mean about challenges, I even have the cards to prove it but they never quite make it in by the deadline.

Ashwini Rao said...

How gorgeous! I love that sheen on those embossed leaves! Your focal skeleton leaf looks like a metallic enameled embellishment, after all those coats of embossing! Love it!! <3

Diana Moriel said...

I really love your card, the embossing looks amazing!

I Card Everyone said...

How wonderful! Hilary it's a gorgeous transformation!
=]

papierelle said...

That looks amazing again. You have conjured up the autumn perfectly on your card.

Viv said...

Love this Hilary! x

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done Hilary, and enjoy your outing. Travel safely.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a sophisticatedly beautiful fall greeting.

Very true regarding the ways in which many of life's seemingly simple pleasures have taken on even greater meaning for some of us over the past couple of years. Your trip sounds so exciting. I hope it goes as smoothly as silk for you and is oodles of fun as well.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Linby said...

This is gorgeous and you've certainly embraced the theme. I've still got my thinking cap on for this one!

Ros Crawford said...

Don't you just love how an accident transform into something good... You ended up with one spectacular card!

Mac Mable said...

I love the look too Hilary and it is such a creative and eye catching card. A real stunner x. Hope the trip to London went well? x.

Leslie Miller said...

There are so many things you can do with embossing folders. This looks amazing, Hilary! I love my embossing folders almost as much as my dies and stamps. You aced this challenge!

Bonnie said...

This is awesome, Hilary! I love those shiny background leaves and how the ink blending makes them stand out even more! Pretty glittery leaf outline too!

Loll said...

The double embossed background has so much dimension, it's incredible! Great work Hilary! And love the large die-cut leaf on top ... it's beautiful. Hope you had a wonderful trip to London. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have created a fabulous work of double embossing!! Wow! Love so very much that stunning background and the whole design of your sparkling and shining card! Well done!

Angelnorth said...

Love all the shine and texture Hilary, this is fab!

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous card Hilary. The gold double embossed leaves and that lovely inky background work beautifully together. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It!! Hugz