Friday 15 October 2021

October CAS Mix Up Reminder

Today is 15th of October so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at CAS Mix Up. This month we are using mixed media and Bonnie is our host. She wants us to use botanical prints on our cards. We also have a wonderful guest designer this month who has generously also made a reminder card for you. Please pay Izzy a visit here.


If you are not sure about making prints there are links to several video tutorials on the challenge blog. I used the method demonstrated by Heather Telford. I made this print at the same time as I did the card for the original post for this challenge. I thought I would have another go and create something different, but, as ever, time ran away from me, so I made this one into a card. I thought it would be nice to have a contrast to the bright orange so found a scrap of blue watercoloured background in my stash to place behind this lattice die. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed and the insert and envelope stamped with a leaf stamp.



I hope you will forgive the fact that this one is a similar layout to my first card.


In addition to the printing I have used stamping stamping, heat embossing and die cutting.


You have until 24th to join us and don't forget to visit the blog to get more inspiration and some links to technique videos to help.

I went on my train trip to London yesterday and really enjoyed it. The best thing was that the trains were not too busy, so it felt very safe. I am driving to Birmingham this weekend to look after my two granddaughters while their parents celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary. I made them a card, so look out for that at some point soon (hopefully). It is so nice to be out and about a bit more.

Have a wonderful weekend.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Supplies:
Cardstock: White Stamping card; Watercolour paper
Ink: Yellow and orange acrylic paint; Catherine Pooler, icing on the cake (sentiment)
Stamps: Uniko
Dies: Free with Die Cutting Essentials Issue 62; Nellie Snellen, stitched squares and rectangles

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

26 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the embossed leaves and the vibrant blue water coloured background.Glad to hear you enjoyed your train journey and enjoy your baby sitting
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous, love that blue highlight.

Tina Z. said...

Absolutely stunning, I love your colours.
Crafty hugs xx

conil said...

Another perfect print with luscious colors. The diecutting backed with that rich blue is gorgeous. Your talent is showing.

I Card Everyone said...

I love this one equally, Hilary! Lovely with the blue background!
=]

Pat said...

A great lattice die cut background with the pretty blue behind it and the white leaf print stands out beautifully against that bright orange Hilary, and the complementary colours are perfect. x

brenda said...

I love the colour palette on this one Hilary, the orange pops against the pretty blue back lattice and in turn the white leaves pop from the panel. Beautiful.

B x

Ros Crawford said...

Hilary it's gorgeous!! I really love the colour combination...

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary what a beautiful card I love the blue behind that die cut frame a perfect background for the image those leaves are wonderful a super make
hugs
lorraine x

Viv said...

Great make Hilary - lovely colour combo too! - (hope you are enjoying your weekend!) x

Diana Moriel said...

I love the way you have printed those leaves, the card is so beautiful!
kisses

Leslie Miller said...

Hilary, I had to go look at your other card to see that it was a similar design. The changes make it look entirely different. The color of your leaf panel is brilliant against the pretty blue. Love a lattice or screen-type die of any kind, and this one is particularly pretty. Lots of depth and interest here. I'm glad you were able to enjoy and feel safe on your train trip. I feel that I'm out and about plenty, but still avoid maskless groups.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful leaf prints, Hilary! The orange is a gorgeous contrast with the bright blue and pretty white openwork!

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous colour combination and the most striking card Hilary x. So glad your trip out went well Hilary x. Thinking of you x.

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Hilary! Your design and colour combo are so pretty and I love that print too, Jo x

Loll said...

Lovely leaf prints, Hilary. So beautiful on the bright orange background. Gorgeous card design with your die-cut opening with blue backing. Great colour combination! Happy to hear you had fun on your London trip. Enjoy your time with the grandkids! xx

Christine Alexander said...

great leaf prints and love your colour combo ♥

papierelle said...

Just beautiful and I love your color choice!!

Bunny said...

If it was good the first time it's good the 2nd time too. Lovely. [Bunny]

Chrissie said...

These are such great prints... the technique is by no means easy, although you have make it look so! I am in awe!
Chrissie x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a so classy card, love the layout and the colours combo.Love the lattice die you used with the blue background and the round corners!

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful card Hilary, love the die cuts you used and your perfectly printed leaf prints.

Witchcrafted Life said...

My word, this is lovely. What a warm, elegant, entirely lovely colour palette and a fresh-as-just-picked-citrus fruit design.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Linda said...

Beautiful leaf prints, the detail looks fab. Love the colour combination too!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful card! I love the prints in white and the overall design!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous die cut botanical print leaves, Hilary. Love your die cut background and your color combo too. TFS my friend. Enjoy your visit with your grandkids:-) Love and Hugs....Nancy