Saturday 2 October 2021

September CCC Reveal

Today is reveal day over at The Card Chain Challenge where 21 people exchanged cards in September. My card went to the lovely Jo in the UK this month. I decided to try and sign up behind someone in the UK this time as I didn't think I would get a card made early enough to send abroad. It can takes weeks sometimes for them to reach their destination.

It is also world card making day, so I hope I get to spend my afternoon doing just that. I hope you do too.
Happy World Cardmaking Day

Here is my card:

I have used the sketch option, sort of!
Have a look at this card, can you see where I got all the little pieces from that I have used to create the patterns? I had all those little pieces on my desk and decided I had to find a use for them, so I die cut 3 white squares and started arranging the little pieces. After some time, I was happy with the result and glued them all down and mounted them on a die cut panel.


I have to say that I was quite pleased with myself at the end of it. It is always nice to use up leftovers.


I received this lovely card from my friend Gundi in Germany. Isn't it fabulous?



You still have a few days if you would like to sign up for the October challenge.

I am also sharing this at:
Pixies Snippets Playground #413 - I am so pleased with my snippet use on this one!



Supplies:
Cardstock: White stamping card; Adorable scorable coated card; Adorable scorable mattastic card
Dies: Create a Smile A6 stitched rectangle; Left over pieces from Concord & 9th plaid card front thick and thin; Sentiment, creative Expressions

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

21 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Hilary I love how you have created that design it looks very retro, the colours are so pretty a very wonderful creation
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW great result with all those little left over pieces.Love the beautiful card you received too
Carol x

Ashwini Rao said...

You have a special skill in creating geometric cards, Hilary! You really make them rock!! I love the look of all those squares, and the pink and greens... and that too from leftover pieces!! What fun!!
Gundi's card looks smashing!!

ionabunny said...

Fabulous card and glad I'm not the only crazy lady who tries to use all the little scraps. Have you played over at Pixies Snippets Playground??? This would fit right in. Hugz

Angelnorth said...

Great retro feel to this one Hilary, you must have the patience of a saint to arrange all those fiddly little bits - fab result though!

brenda said...

Well I am so glad to see this post Hilary as I confess I was totally unsure if and what I need to do when having only joined in for the first time this month. I thought if I checked out the other blogs I would get an idea, yous is the first I have found that has posted, so now I know I need to do the same.....but first I need a photo of the card I received and it's tipping it down and so dark.

Love what you created to exchange.

B x

Leslie Miller said...

I love, love this card and I can't believe you saved all those little parts, but just look what you did with them! I'm stunned by this fabulous piece of work! I do love the sketch, too, and Gundi's card is gorgeous!

GerJanneke said...

Ah, I like this kind of cards. Marvelous design!
The card you've received from Gundi is wonderful too.

papierelle said...

This is a very free implementation of the sketch that I like very much.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! Such fabulous retro geometric design! And all made from tiny scraps! :D Love it, you have had a brilliant idea!! The colours work so well together! Well done!

Di said...

Hi Hilary. First of all, yes it's fine to slightly 'backlink' as you missed the gates closing in the Playground. Love your snippets card - bet that took a while - such a super idea! And I love the colours too.

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Hi Hilary

WOW - that's a serious use of snippets - well done for keeping them from Kath's card and then creating this one with them! Top marks!

Thanks for joining in the Snippets Playground - if you feel like a hot chocolate, come and find me in the Treehouse!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pia S said...

I sent my card from Norway to the US and it took 14 days from door to door. So the description 'snail mail' isn't totally inaccurate:) I love the graphic pattern you've created with leftovers, this turned out looking great!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness! There's absolutely no way in the world I'd use of little scraps like you did! What a great card, Hilary! Love the one from Gundi, too!

Bonnie said...

You have such patience to arrange these little pieces into such lovely patterns, Hilary! I'm impressed!

Mac Mable said...

Great use of those leftovers Hilary and what patience you have. Such a creative card and the colour combination looks fabulous. Loving Gundi's artsy card too x.

Jules said...

Hi Hilary

Fabulous use of your snippets .. .. it looks very intricate.

You must have a lot of patience.

Hope your week is going well.

Love Jules xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What an incredible mosaic, Hilary - love it!!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely design using the sketch on it's side Hilary! love the pretty mix of colors and shapes! xx

Ros Crawford said...

That's clever! And what a great result! Love the card you received too!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a fresh, delightful card. Love the mix of geometric elements partnered with a flowy font for the sentiment.

Such a pretty card that you received a well.


Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life