Sunday 12 February 2023

Happy Birthday Uniko

Today I have a special birthday card to help celebrate Uniko's 11th birthday. I do have quite a few Uniko products in my stash, which haven't been used for a while, so I thought I should get them out and change that. Here is the card I came up with:


I didn't really have a plan for this, I just decided what stamp set I wanted to use and started creating. I began by inking some smooth white cardstock with distress inks spun sugar and victorian velvet. When I was happy with the coverage I sponged milled lavender through the gerbera stencil. I didn't want it to be too dark. I finished the background by stamping the French script in Memento London fog ink. The panel was die cut and mounted on some mat gold embossed card.


The gerbera flowers and leaves were stamped and cut with the matching dies, arranged on the panel and glued down. The stems were glued and foam pads added to the flower and leaves to give some dimension. The wishing you (from the same stamp set) was stamped and heat embossed before cutting out and positioning.


To finish off I added some ranger enamel dots and stamped the insert and the envelope with the flower. The message inside reads -  a very special birthday. I enjoyed making this, but now it is done I am not sure about the colours. What do you think?

It is snowdrop time in my garden hence a little peak of some in my pictures.

I am sharing this at:
Stamping Sensations - Anything stamped
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Inspirational #283 - Use Stencils




Supplies:
Cardstock: Strathmore Bdristol smooth; Hunkydory adorable scorable coated card; mat embossed gold card
Ink: Distress Ink spun sugar, victorian velvet and milled lavender; Catherine Pooler sugared lavender and seafoam; Memento London fog
Dies: Matching dies for the gerbera stamps


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

32 comments:

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary!
I do like the colors. It's not common, but it has a great effect. It's a wonderful card!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the gerbera flowers and script background.Our snowdrops are out too,never think of cutting any but makes sense as not in the garden to enjoy them
Carol x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous card, Hilary - love the layered background you created for those lovely blooms!! Just love the colors too!!

Christine Alexander said...

love the colour combo and having the white gerbera is so dramatic ♥

brenda said...

It's an interesting colour palette Hilary and one that works very well, that splash of green lifts everything.

B x

brenda said...

I read Stamping Sensations on your list then totally forgot to thank you Hilary!

B x

Carole said...

Super card Hilary and great inspiration using the lovely gerbera. I like how you have used the stencil behind the stamped flowers. xx

papierelle said...

You have once again succeeded in creating a particularly beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

The Uniko Gerberas are in my Top 5 sets in my stash, Hilary! So good to see them again - and so beautifully, too! I had no idea Bev had created a stencil for them! Gorgeous!
=]

crafty-stamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crafty-stamper said...

Hi Hilary just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful background you created for this with the softly stenciled Gerbera and the script. I love the colors and use them fairly often. The reddish purple is rich against it and the white Gerbera makes it pop. We are all eager for signs of spring and it's a delight to see your little snowdrops. Thank you!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely, that is my fave uniko stamp.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

These gerbera flower is in my wish list by age, I find it very elegant and impressive, and you created a fabulous card using it! Love the palette and the stencilled gerbera on the script background looks great!!

Bonnie said...

I've always loved this stamp set and didn't realize there was a stencil too! I think the colors are fantastic! How nice your snowdrops are blooming. They're such sweet flowers.

kiwimeskreations said...

An interesting use of colour Hilary - and a wonderful card
Blessings
Maxine

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The colours work so well here and it's a lovely design too.
Lorraine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I would call those colours inspired Hilary, I love the mix and the gorgeous stamps and design. Love you stamped the insert and envelope. A Complete set!
Faith x

Pia S said...

I love that you coordinated stencil and stamps to both be gerbera flowers. And the stamped script is a nice detail too. Thanks for joining us over at INKspirational with your beautiful design.

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful big blooms Hilary! both stamped/die cut and stenciled - lovely layering and pretty colors used! thanks for sharing with us at INKspirational! Julia xx

Ashwini Rao said...

Where do I start!? Love the matching blooms - not just the stamp & stencil, but also the solid and outlined blooms, the co-ordinated colors, the lovely background...all so like you! Really wonderful card!

Nancy said...

WOW! This is such a pretty card, Hilary! I love how your creativity is carried throughout the card. Awesome job and thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful card and I love the background on your card Michelle x

KraftyKoolKat said...

A great combination of stamp and stencil. Love the colour palette Hilary.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Linby said...

This is so pretty and a fab colour combo.

Linby said...

Forget to say! Thanks also for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Sarn said...

Lovely card using the Uniko gerbera stamps and dies xxx

MortiCraft said...

Gorgeous card Hilary. I really like the details in the background and how they haven’t overpowered the Gerberas to the front. Thanks for joining in with Uniko’s 11th birthday celebrations. X

pinky said...

Your card is really beautiful and very delicate looking. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Hilary! So creative!

New Creations said...

Great use of Gerbera stencil, my favorite, love these blooms, so pretty!
Thank u so much for joining us to celebrate Uniko's 11Th Birthday!
Vinita

Neets B said...

What a fabulous use of a mix of Uniko products. I'm a CAS cardmaker so usually love lots of white space but this is gorgeous, I'm a fan! Thanks so much for linking up at Uniko, Anita x