Thursday 2 February 2023

January Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 25 card makers took part and I sent my card to Carol in the UK. 


This month I used the colours, the sketch and the friendship theme, although the sketch got inverted because I cut my panel wrong!


I don't think I matched the candyflosss colour very well, it looks too peachy and I think it clashes with the bright pink, but I decided not to mind. I hope Carol doesn't either.




I told you that you would be seeing that embossing folder again, well here it is inked in a bold colour. I inked it quite heavily and got this mottled look, which I actually quite like. You get a smoother look by lighter inking and building it up in layers. I used my Catherine Pooler inks to colour the cardstock for the other 2 colours.

I was very lucky to receive this really cute card from Michaela  in Austria:

Thanks Michaela

If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Supplies:
Ink: Catherine Pooler pucker up, it's a girl, glam
Embossing Folder: Spellbinders flower frenzy E3D-048

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

26 comments:

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary!
I love this sketch and your card is lovely! The embossingfolder is very beautiful and it worked out great with the ink!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely embossing folder technique and pretty card.
Lorraine

Viv said...

Really like this Hilary! Great card. x

crafty-stamper said...

I love the beautiful card Hilary and your new embossing folder -thank you.Love the cute card from Michaela
Carol x

Carole said...

Very pretty card with that fabulous embossing folder.x

Angelnorth said...

That folder looks spectacular inked up like that, gorgeous card Hilary!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such fabulous embossing, love the effect of the heavy inking in pink! And love the insert and the envelope too! I find the set so classy!
Hugs

Arlene said...

Such a very sweet and wonderful card.

I Card Everyone said...

I love your card, Hilary - both sent and received! But, oh my heart! Your envelope is just wonderful!
=]

Ashwini Rao said...

I do love your use of the embossing folder! And I think you've actually made good use of the sketch (I actually can't figure out where you went wrong!) I have a tough time with all pink tones, so its a great job there as well! Lovely, charming card :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a pretty card Hilary - love that embossing folder and how you are using it. Your card is quite simple, but striking and elegant
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

Really effective resist embossing Hilary, love the fresh pinks.

B x

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Hilary, you nailed the sketch and the embossed section is so pretty and a lovely contrast to the plain half. Also thanks for the nudge, I totally got my time conversion wrong.. have a wonderful weekend hugs Robyn

papierelle said...

You used that beautiful embossing folder again. That looks impressive!!

Bonnie said...

I think you stuck to the sketch perfectly, Hilary! That embossing folder is so pretty for this technique and I'm sure Carol is delighted with it!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely inked embossing folder you used for half of your card Hilary - so pretty with the white flowers popping off the color - the black strip is great for contrast and the perfect place for your two die cut words! Julia xx

Leslie Miller said...

I just now saw your card on Carol's blog and I know she loved it. I'm happy to see this gorgeous embossing again. You do the inking so well. Mine always comes out mottled, but not in a good way. I never thought of adding ink in layers. I like how you did the sentiment, and the envelope flap is a truly lovely finishing touch. Darling card from Michaela in Austria. It's wonderful how this card making thing of ours brings us together.

Jeanne H said...

Love the embossing folder you used. Well done card this month!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great take on the sketch, Hilary - love that ef you've been using!! Cutie from Michaela too :)

Bastelmichaela said...

Your card is a real eye-catcher and the idea of ​​the embossing folder is brilliant. I'm glad you like my card
hugs Michaela

Mia said...

Your card is super, Hilary. I love the papers you used. Hugs, my friend.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the mix of colours Hilary, the embossing is fabulous, it's a beautiful card. Love the different colour parts of the sentiment also.
Faith x

Linby said...

Another great card with the EF - and a great use of the sketch.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a lovely and feminine creation Hilary. That inked embossing is beautiful.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Pia S said...

What a classy take on the sketch. The embossed pattern is gorgeous!

Greta said...

That inked embossing folder panel is so beautiful! I still need to try the technique again.