Saturday 18 February 2023

We Love Stamping Feb Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for our current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

It is also Saturday, the day I am honoured to be a guest designer over at Allsorts, which means I have 2 posts publishing this morning. I did think about combining them but decided against it in the end. Find my Allsorts post here.

This month our theme is:

**Anything stamping with the option to use a stencil**


Today I have another NBUS stamp that was a gift from a very special friend. I am so glad to have used it finally.  When I first invested in some Catherine Pooler re-inkers last year I played around using them to create backgrounds on glossy photo paper. I now have a whole stack of these in different colours, so I expect you will see them used on more of my cards in the months to come.


I took one of these backgrounds and added ink though a waves stencil to get the look of water. the jellyfish was then stamped in versamark and white heat embossed. I have found that stamping on this glossy surface is fine with versamark, but not so easy with ordinary ink as it tends to stick and then it pulls off the colour. I did stamp it twice and got a bit of a shadow on some of the tendrils, but I don't think it matters much.


I used another of the backgrounds for the sentiment strip. I think it is a slightly different look for me and I am pleased with it.  The glossy cardstock gives it a really lovely shine, but you have to be careful putting it through a die cutting machine as the surface will mark easily. 

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the it has been kindly donated by Highlight Crafts and includes a Crown and Glory stamp set and a Little Tweet die. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 1st March.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.
I am also sharing this at:
NBUS #47 - second entry this month
Alphabet Challenge - W is for water


Supplies:
Cardstock: Glossy photo paper
Ink: Catherine Pooler
Stamps: Stampendous cling jellyfish
Stencil: Dreamweaver

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

18 comments:

brenda said...

Loving the deep Ocean tones against the white EP Hilary, really dramatic effects.

B x

Carole said...

I am immediately drawn to this for that super colour in your background. The contrast of the white stamping is lovely, truly a stand out card! x

Leslie Miller said...

A beautiful and graceful jellyfish stamp by Stampendous. It looks perfect embossed in white and of course it would be transparent. The background has the appearance of light shimmering through the water. The tone on tone is a really nice effect. I'm quite smitten with this, Hilary!

crafty-stamper said...

WOW the white embossed Jellyfish looks amzing against the perfect coloured background
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

ohhh this is gorgeous especially when we get the peeks at the inside and envie.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I don't know why haven't seen this one! Amazing inspiration for WLS, the jellyfish looks just detailed and beautiful and your stencilled background is the perfect match!! Fabulous choice of colour!
Hugs

I Card Everyone said...

I never would have thought to ink glossy paper, Hilary - it's fantastic! A gorgeous 'under the sea' scene where your beautiful Octopus lives!
=]

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a real beauty Hilary. It has turned out amazing, very clever. I am glad you got a Valentine card from hubby. I lost my hubby 6 years and 8 months ago.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Linby said...

The stencil is so effective on your background and gives it so much movement together with this fab stamp.

Bonnie said...

A gorgeous background and an awesome jellyfish, Hilary! Love this!

Lynda said...

What a great technique - love the colours and that the jellyfish is white heat embossed. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Your white stamping onto the sea colours gives this such a wonderful effect. The sentiment suits it perfectly. A fabulous card Hilary.
Faith x

Mervi said...

Wow, fabulous card, love it, great colours and perfect stencil;-))m

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Cool jellyfish atop the stenciled background, Hilary!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is a fantastic under the sea scene, Hilary! I love the beautiful green/blue shades of the colors and the soft wave stenciling in the background! The white heat-embossed jellyfish looks like it is moving gracefully. The matching sentiment strip is a wonderful touch too.
Hideko xx

Makira said...

đŸ’—đŸ’—đŸ’—this!! I saw this at the NBUS Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love you to come and play with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. Your card reminds me of jelly fish from The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot, Disneyworld, FL. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative week.
Cheers, Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/

Loll said...

Fabulous card Hilary. LOVE the saturated colour of your background. So pretty with the stenciled waves. And your jellyfish stamp is awesome heat embossed in white. Great work, my friend! xx

Greta said...

You have such creative ideas, Hilary! Wonderful card!