Sunday 5 February 2023

We Love Stamping February Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

**Anything stamped with the option to add a stencil**

I would like to welcome out guest designer Helen this month, I hope you have time to pop over and see her.


Anyone who knows me knows that I love to walk, so I couldn't resist this stamp when I saw it. I have stamped it in a dark brown ink, but it looks black, even in real life, and clear heat embossed it. But, before I did that I blended the background and added the sun rays with a stencil.


It was actually quite a challenge to get the stamping right and then to get the embossing right. I am not sure whether it was the ink the new stamp or stamping over the inked background, but eventually I got it to a point where I was happy with it.


Then it was just a matter of trimming the panel, matting it onto a piece of embossed gold card and mounting it onto a dark cardbase.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the it has been kindly donated by Highlight Crafts and includes a Crown and Glory stamp set and a Little Tweet die. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and, in addition, the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 1st March.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
NBUS #47 - the forest stamp and sentiment are NBUS
Allsorts week 714 - I love walking
Ellie's Crafty Wednesday Challenge February - Anything Goes



Supplies:
Cardstock: Hunky Dory adorable scorable coated card; Strathmore Bristol smooth
Ink: Catherine Pooler
Stamps: Spellbinders forest silhouette STP-080
Stencil: Clarity Stamp

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

25 comments:

brenda said...

Love the way you reversed the stencil to give the appearance of a fresh morning sunrise Hilary, perfect for your walk. Lovely to see you over at Allsorts as well, thanks so much for joining us.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW love the fabulous embossed stamp and the stencilled background sets it off perfectly
Carol x

Linby said...

Just beautiful - you've achieved a fantastic effect here.
Thanks for taking part at Allsorts this week. Lynn x

Ashwini Rao said...

Wow! The sunset scene looks amazing, Helen! Wonderful colors, and the scene of the sky peeking through the trees is just mesmerizing! I wish I could take a walk there myself! Its really spectacular!

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful, Hilary! The colors in the sky are stunning and love the silhouette stamp you used!
Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Ellibelle said...

I'm back again :)
Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous creation at my Crafty Wednesday challenge too!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous creation Hilary, it has blown me away. I love the awesome colours.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous sunrise through the trees, Hilary - bet you see a lot of them on your walks! So beautiful and serene!!

Cat Craig said...

This is a stunner Hilary. Love the rays, colors and black silhouettes.

Darnell said...

I'd love to walk with you, Hilary! You have created a very enticing trail through the trees to the edge of the clearing where we can watch the glorious sunset! I love the matting, too. I think I would have a hard time parting with this one! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
the combination ink, stencil, embossing, colors....fabulous!
I love the atmosphere of the card.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow, a very striking colour combo and bold design. I love these warm colours.
Lorraine

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful scene, Hilary! The stenciling and inking in the background make an awesome contrast with the silhouette trees!

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Hilary! Definitely worth your efforts! Thanks for the well-wishes!

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning Hilary, I love your card.

Hugs
Anke

I Card Everyone said...

I'd take that walk with you, Hilary! What an amazing silhouette stamp! and the stenciled sunrise is gorgeous!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful this is! I love to walk nature trails and woodlands, so I understand how you were drawn to this stamp. Glorious nature. That sunrise is magnificent!

Jeanne H said...

Well done! A beautiful card.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your card is a true beauty, absolutely love this stamp and the way you created the light sunrise!! And the sentiment is just PERFECT for this scene!
I have always problems stamping silhouettes on DI blended backgrounds, because I have to repeat the stamp more and more to have a clean impression. I tried with Memento and with Versafine Clair. The second works better, but needs however to be repeated several times.

Christine Alexander said...

Absolutely beautiful scene with the sun rays behind your forest scene ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Hilary - love your stencilled sunrays!
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

Wow!!! Your card is so atmospheric and you did a great job with the sunrise!!!

Mervi said...

Love the card Hilary, so stunning design. The stamp is my cup of tea;-))m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

With the sunrise and sunset colours of the last few days, here, this would be exactly what I would see on an early morning walk, stunning card and colouring Hilary.
Faith x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Gorgeous and love the sunrise that you have created, so effected with the heat embossing Michelle x