Saturday 18 February 2023

Allsorts Guest Designer

Today I am lucky enough to be guest designer over at Allsorts week 716 where there is a new challenge for all sorts of crafts every Saturday. This week the theme is:

** Wings**

Allsorts is a challenge that can be any craft, not just cards, but I am afraid I have just made another card! The 18th is also reminder day for We Love Stamping so I have 2 posts publishing this morning. I did consider combining them, but decided against it in the end. Find my We Love Stamping post here.


I have recently had a play with my alcohol inks and created a few backgrounds, so I used one as the starting point for this card. I have had this scribble circle die for a while and I think I have only used it once, so decided that it would work here. I actually used 3 dies on my white front panel, the scribble circle, a debossing die and a scallop edge die. I always find it a challenge to get the placement right if I am cutting something out of my panel. It isn't perfect this time, but close enough, I think.


My panel is propped up on some foam tape and the top 2 layers of my layered butterfly were heat embossed, so that it has a nice shine. Sorry you can't see that in the photo. I cut the stamped butterfly out with my scan and cut and cut an extra 2 so that I could layer it. the first piece I coloured with the yellow ink before sticking it to the card. the second piece was layered behind the butterfly to give it a bit more strength and then I glued it onto the base piece just down the centre of the body. This means that the wings can be bent up to give dimension on the card front. Unfortunately the photos don't really show that either!


The die cut sentiment is backed with a waste piece of the AI panel and a few metallic pink embellishments were added to finish it off.

I hope to see you in the Allsorts gallery this week. I know there will be lots of butterflies.


I am also sharing this at:
Time Out #232 - 9th birthday, anything birthday goes

Supplies:
cardstock: White 300gsm cardbase; yupo paper; white 225gsm white card
Ink: Alcohol ink various colours and pearl mixative; Catherine Pooler sauna, mandarin spice and peppermint scrub; versamark
Stamps: Hero Arts CL867
Dies: Altenew dotted swirls bebossing cover die and essential sentiment strips; Poppy Stamps scribble circle; Lisa Horton tatty layers, pretty tickseed panel

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

31 comments:

brenda said...

Te focal die cut element is so different Hilary and one I would love to track down as I do like an aperture. Lovely use of colours and contrast, as with your WLS card.

It's lovely yo have you as our Guest Designer at Allsorts this week, thank you for adding to the inspiration.

B x

Carole said...

Wow...another stunner! What a fabulous die that is. A lot of work in this one and a super result..love it! x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous design and beautiful alcohol ink background too.
Lorraine

Sarn said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer spot at Allsorts.
LOVE this pretty butterfly card xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a so striking design Hilary, love so much how the inky background looks through the scribbled circle, and the pinpoint panel adds more texture. Also the butterfly and the negative sentiment look so interesting.
Have a lovely weekend!

Ellibelle said...

So great to have you joining us as a guest designer, Hilary. Your card is simply stunning!

GerJanne said...

Oh wow! I think it's a very lovely card with all the different technics! Your background with the alcohol ink is splendid. I love the colour and the die!

Leslie Miller said...

Your play with the alcohol ink turned out a very pretty piece for your butterfly to rest on, and a beautiful butterfly it is! I love the scribble piece. It reminds me of ripples on a pond.

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT Hilary,fabulous inky background and the aperture die looks perfectly placed to me,love the beautiful embossed butterfly
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

Sweet card, love that squiggle.

I Card Everyone said...

So pretty, Hilary! Oh, butterflies make me happy and remind us that Summer will be here before we know it, right?
Fun use of all your wonderful dies and AI piece.
Congrats on your guest design gig, my friend!
=]

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really beautiful Hilary.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Linby said...

The scribbled circle is so effective and a gorgeous butterfly and AI work too. Thanks so much for being our GDT this week at Allsorts.

Dena J said...

That marvelous center die cut looks like the flutter/fly pattern for your butterfly! Just marvelous. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts as a Guest Designer.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer post, Hilary! I love this scribble circle and your alcohol ink background and butterfly are gorgeous!

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations Hilary for being this weeks Allsorts guest designer. I LOVE your pretty butterfly with your beautiful die cut background card. You have me inspired my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

aussie aNNie said...

Sensational colours and fabulous post, adore the design here xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Hilary - love the rich colour the AI have given, and so beautifully contrasted with the white and that fun butterfly
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

That's a very interesting punching template and the background goes wonderfully with it. All in all a very nice card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Congratulations on the GDT, so well deserved, Hilary. I LOVE your scribble die on the beautiful shaded background, such lovely colour mix. The butterfly? Well done on your cut :) makes it so easy doesn't it? Is gorgeous, love the colours you used on it too. A Fabulous card as always.
Faith x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and stylish card;-))m

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgeous, Hilary!! That spiral circle is perfect for your stunning butterfly!! Love the AI background behind the window too!! Congrats on being guest designer at Allsorts!!

Loll said...

Beautiful AI panel that shows off those circles perfectly. Such a pretty card with your layering, debossing, and the gorgeous layered butterfly. Congrats on being Guest Designer at Allsorts! xx

Quillish said...

Love the way you used the AI panel in the background. This design is beautiful with the pretty textures. Thank you for joining the birthday party at Time out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I have kept my AI's but not sure if they will ever see the light of day again...

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Gorgeous card, I love the alcohol ink background and your scribble die works so perfectly as an aperture for your card Pretty butterfly too! Michelle x

Kate said...

Great design Hilary - a lovely way to shine a spotlight on your pretty butterfly and that AI background is gorgeous! Thanks for taking Time Out to share it with us at Time Out Challenges! Hope we’ll see you in the gallery again soon,
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

R's Rue said...

Congrats.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Greta said...

What a unique die & lovely card!